This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All aboard the Ship of Fail

It was stupid day at the game store, complete with lost receipts and entitlement whores. Because what would a work day be without an entitlement whore?

Questionable Nutrition
    Kid brings a codebreaker back. Says, "I didn't like it, the codes weren't good, can I get my money back? I bought it an hour ago but I lost my receipt."
    This kid is around ten and in no danger of being an honor roll student. His jaw is slack, he has a listless look in his beady eyes, and he couldn't seem to remember his name when asked.

"Son," asks his father. "Where did you put the receipt? All we did was go to Subway."
    "I don't know," he replied. "I had it on the table at Subway, and then I don't know!"

...Yeah? I think he ate it.

Fucking CELL PHONES?!
    We're located right next to a cell phone store, as I think I've mentioned before. Guy comes in, losing his damn mind about his bill, pitching a fit, throwing the biggest tantrum ever. Nearly knocked a gondola over making dramatic hand motions. This simultaneously pisses me off and amuses me, because it is freakin' hilarious, but at the same time, if he knocks something over, I will explode.

He concludes his rampage by screaming something about cell phones and life savings or something stupid like that. Looks at me, and asks, "And what are you going to do about it?!"

"Well, it depends. Are you done?" I reply.

"Well...yeah."

"Good," I say, "Because the cell phone place is next door."

Numbers are your Friend
    Me: Mm.
    NM: Number moron

NM: Okay, so these two games. One is $17.99 and the other is $9.99. Which one's cheaper?
    Me:

The Entitlement Whore, Who Will Never Be My Coworker
    SM: store manager
    EW: Entitlement whore

EW: Hey, yeah, can I have an application?
    SM: Here you go. -hands it over
    EW: Do you mind if I fill it out here?
    SM: -noting the lack of counterspace because it was covered in marketing, the lack of standing space because we were busy, and also noting that one of his pet peeves is people filling out applications in store- Well, man, why don't you just take it home and fill it out there, that way you can bring it back when we're a little less busy and I can actually talk to you.
    EW: ....I want your boss's number.
    SM: May I ask why?
    EW: Because you won't let me fill it out here and that's not fair to me!
    SM: Oh! Oh, gladly. Here, here's his office number. Be sure to call him first thing in the morning and tell him all about the problem.
    EW: Humph!

Another customer who I was helping heard the exchange along with me, turned to me and asked, "What is that guy retarded or something?"

All aboard the ship of fail, where nobody wins even though they all seem to think they did just because they dropped trow and showed their asses.
    Would you like a Stummies?

Quoth marty View Post

Fucking CELL PHONES?!

"Well, it depends. Are you done?" I reply.

"Well...yeah."

"Good," I say, "Because the cell phone place is next door."

Best ownage ever.
    Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

Quoth the lawsmeister View Post

Best ownage ever.
      Defiantly up there

Comment

People like the number idiot are the reason those '$99.99' tricks on sales work so well.

Comment

Quoth marty View Post

The Entitlement Whore, Who Will Never Be My Coworker
          SM: store manager
          EW: Entitlement whore

EW: Hey, yeah, can I have an application?
          SM: Here you go. -hands it over
          EW: Do you mind if I fill it out here?
          SM: -noting the lack of counterspace because it was covered in marketing, the lack of standing space because we were busy, and also noting that one of his pet peeves is people filling out applications in store- Well, man, why don't you just take it home and fill it out there, that way you can bring it back when we're a little less busy and I can actually talk to you.
          EW: ....I want your boss's number.
          SM: May I ask why?
          EW: Because you won't let me fill it out here and that's not fair to me!
          SM: Oh! Oh, gladly. Here, here's his office number. Be sure to call him first thing in the morning and tell him all about the problem.
          EW: Humph!

Another customer who I was helping heard the exchange along with me, turned to me and asked, "What is that guy retarded or something?"

This one suprised me very much. Why the hell would he fill it out somewhere where he won't get his personal space? . I wonder if he actually thought he was going to get hired there! I friggin wish jobs do hire people for pleasant personalities.
          Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Let's all set sail for fail!

Now- I feel too curious not to ask - what was the tantrum guy's reaction to being told the cell phone place was next door?

Comment

Quoth Chazzie View Post
              Let's all set sail for fail!

Now- I feel too curious not to ask - what was the tantrum guy's reaction to being told the cell phone place was next door?
              If you've ever seen on someone's face the look of utter mental ruination, then you know what he looked like. I'm willing to bet that, after expelling all of his steam in the wrong place, he was perfectly polite at the cell phone place.

Comment

I have to question how the gamer boy knew the codes weren't valid after only an hour with the breaker, some of which was spent at Subway. Do they have codebreakers for handhelds now?
                The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Quoth Stormraven View Post
                  I have to question how the gamer boy knew the codes weren't valid after only an hour with the breaker, some of which was spent at Subway. Do they have codebreakers for handhelds now?
                  No, more likely Dad said "You spent your allowance on WHAT????" and made wonderboy return it.
                  GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

For the DS and Gameboy Advance...yes.

Comment

Quoth Chazzie View Post
                      Probably something like this:

And Marty probably looked something like this:
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
                        -noting the lack of counterspace because it was covered in marketing, the lack of standing space because we were busy, and also noting that one of his pet peeves is people filling out applications in store-
                        I have the opposite problem. More than half the time I ask for an application, I get handed an application and a pen and am told where to sit to fill it out. When I ask if I can just take it with me and come back, I am stared at like this is the strangest thing they ever heard. They are not that desperate for workers from what I can tell, the hiring manager probably isn't even in, and I'm not in the habit of carting around my references' info. Why on earth this is so weird, I'll never figure out.
                        The icon is a bunny with a spiked collar from some carpet ad.

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
                          For the DS and Gameboy Advance...yes.
                          Cool. I could see getting that for my DS, and seeing if I could hack Brain Age to stop seeing 3 as 7 and 4 as 2.
                          The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Cool. I could see getting that for my DS, and seeing if I could hack Brain Age to stop seeing 3 as 7 and 4 as 2.
                            Don't. Ever. Nine times out of ten? They fuck up your system beyond all repair.

Comment

Oh I know. Forgot to put a smilie there - I've never bothered with codebreakers, and likely never will. Though, like I said, it gets tempting when Brain Age reads my 3 as a 7 for the nth time.

Comment

Working...
                              X