This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Theater Fun, AKA Kavorkian for President

I work at the concession stand at a movie theater. You know what I love, though? When people are so incredibly vague with their orders that I require psychic powers to figure out what they want. For example, this gem from this past Friday:

Me: Hi, what would you like?
    Fat Woman fresh out of Wal-Mart: How much is it?
    Me: ...How much is what?
    Fat Woman (with angry face): You know, Nachos!
    Me: *banging head against wall*

Ahhhhh Movie theatre SC's... what fun. My favorite are the ones who get gift Certificates especially the Idiots who can't wait until the theatre opens just to buy them. I've seen a customer argue with my General Manager about the opening times all over a fuss about wanting to buy those damn things. I hated how people asked so many dumb questions before buying them like how much movies are, how much for popcorn since they are too damn lazy to read the sign and yada yada yada I mean just how much you're willing to spend is enough to make them happy! I had a guy who was buying gift Certificates for his grandchildren ask me if they can get the change from using them then proceeded to ask me the amount they should get so there is no extra money to spend on drugs I mean seriously... What the Hell!!?
    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Had to put a link

Before a MOD or ADMIN comes on and says this. You are suppose to leave out race/weight and other things that could be offensive. Unless it is relevant to the post. SO you might want to change the "Fat Lady" part.

Don't hate, but I am just trying to help you out.

Site Rules
      Last edited by powerboy; 01-14-2008, 06:13 AM.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I propose an exception to site rules: when talking about me when I'm distracted and ask really obvious questions, "brain dead drunken inbred monkey" is acceptable.
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

My first job was at a movie theater and I could write a book about the SC's I encountered there. (For example, people ranting because they couldn't buy tickets to a movie that started 45 minutes early. Or the people who would moan about the concession prices and then buy $50.00 worth of food.) But the people I worked with were the greatest bunch of dysfunctional people I ever knew! It was like a family.

Comment

Quoth hotelnpa View Post
            people ranting because they couldn't buy tickets to a movie that started 45 minutes early. Or the people who would moan about the concession prices and then buy $50.00 worth of food.)
            So that would come up to a medium popcorn and a small soda?
            Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
              So that would come up to a medium popcorn and a small soda?
              Oh, come on... Movie theater prices aren't THAT high...

I'm sure they could get a hot dog and a candy bar, too.
              "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

I worked at a movie theatre for 4 years, started at a concessionist position, and ended up the projection manager (my dream job), but it all ended when the landlord shut us down for the company not paying rent ($500,000 in late rent).

So, I have quite a few stories and I'll share briefly, as I could write a novel on the stuff that went on there (well, actually 3 different locations/companies, but I did the same job at each theatre/company).

Girl comes up to concession stand, gets popcorn w/ butter (butter, lol), and states, "Your butter tastes like cum (or semen, if there's a word filter)".

We're doing an advance screening of From Hell on night. My manager and I open the back side of our stand specifically for them and the line fills up quickly. We're halfway through when this woman and her daughter are next in line, yet they stand there talking and won't answer us. A guy behind them taps the mother on the shoulder and tells her she's up. The mother BLOWS UP and starts screaming for him to not touch her. She goes on and on and on until my manager tells her to stop or leave, as she's taking everything too far. The lady eventually leaves and goes to watch her free movie, and then calls the cops on us. The cops come out and basically laugh her off and leave.

Guy comes out of his auditorium to complain:

SC = Guy
                MM = Manager

MM: "Can I help you?"
                SC: "The screen is messed up on my movie."

MM goes in and looks at the issue, then comes back out.

MM: "That's a slide show of advertisements before the movie starts."
                SC: "Well, its not taking up the whole screen."
                MM: "Sir, it's not supposed to."
                SC: "Is the movie going to look like this?"
                MM: "No sir, the movie takes up the whole screen."
                SC: "Are you sure?"
                MM thinking: "No, I only work at a movie theatre and have common sense enough to know every movie I've ever seen hasn't been a tiny little frame on the screen."

A woman runs up to our conc stand quitely asking for us to call the cops. Turns out she's breaking up with her b/f and she's afraid for her child and herself. I quietly get upstairs and call the cops, who show up 45 minutes later. I'm outside telling the cops what I know when she comes running outside screaming with her baby in hand and him following her. Apparently, he was some loser that just got out of jail and she was fed up with him. The cops search him and find a knife, which he apparently was going to kill his g/f and child with, which is what he told her. FUN!! /end sarcasim

I have more, but I think I'm taking up too much time here.

Comment

Quoth Shards View Post
                  Oh, come on... Movie theater prices aren't THAT high...

I'm sure they could get a hot dog and a candy bar, too.
                  Well, maybe the candy bar. The hot dog is right out though.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                    Well, maybe the candy bar. The hot dog is right out though.
                    Movie theater hot dogs aren't bought, they're rented.
                    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
                      Movie theater hot dogs aren't bought, they're rented.
                      I don't want to work the returns counter!
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth HALFHUMANHALFZOMBIE View Post
                        I had a guy who was buying gift Certificates for his grandchildren ask me if they can get the change from using them then proceeded to ask me the amount they should get so there is no extra money to spend on drugs I mean seriously... What the Hell!!?
                        Maybe it would be a good idea to take them to the movies himself, and, I dunno, spend some quality time with the grandkids?
                        The icon is a bunny with a spiked collar from some carpet ad.

Comment

Seen the psycho ex drama unfold in the movie theatre a few times.....used to hang out there too much for my own good. (Dated the asst manager.....)
                          ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Working...
                          X