This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hands down the dumbest thief ever...

So, guy and girl come in. They want 1500 dollars in money orders. Not unusual in the middle of the month. They give me 15 $100 dollar billls, plus 3 bucks to cover the fees. (We can go up to 300, and its .47 cents for each M.O).
    I check the bills, they are all legit. I'm dropping the money into the safe, while the MO print. At of the corner of my eye, I see that both of them grab a handfull of the Lindt's chocolate balls, and stuff them in their coats.

I go up to them. "Is that it?" I ask. They both nod yes. "Are you sure?" I ask. Again they nod. I shake my head.

"Wow... That's really smart of you two. Letting me have $1500 dollars for what, three bucks worth of candy?"

Both of their eyes go wide.

"Now, if you WANT the money orders, I'll take the candy back, or we can just give a local call to the police, see what they say".

Much candy being brought out of their pockets.

"That was pretty stupid huh?" I ask as I give them their money orders. They both look embrassed as they rush out the door.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Quoth Plaidman View Post
    "Wow... That's really smart of you two. Letting me have $1500 dollars for what, three bucks worth of candy?"
    It must be REALLY good candy!

You would think you would NOT steal from the people who are handling large sums of your money... I would think it would hurt their business and thus my money... but hey, they only got as far as, "Oh, look! Candies!"
    ~ It is a beautiful day to be dizzy!

Comment

Well, they are really good candy... but that's just pathetic. They are what, a quarter apiece?
      Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
      Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
      The Office

Comment

I love Lindt's, but, come on!
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Meadhands View Post
          It must be REALLY good candy!
          Uh..yeah! *glances at Lindt store rewards card* just 20 more dollars till my 250 dollar reward. heee! ^_^
          Random conversation:
          Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
          DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Geez, if I want Lindt chocolates that badly I'll go down to the factory store and get a whole bag of them for $10. Hey, it gives me an excuse to go visit my dad while I'm a it (the U.S. factory and distribution center is actually in the same town where my dad lives).
            Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

It sure isn't worth $1500, but Lindt *does* make a decent quality chocolate.

Actually, a few years back I won a slab of something like 2kg of the Lindt semi-sweet chocolate in a contest. Sounds like a lot, or it did to me at the time, but it's amazing how fast something like that can disappear into baked goods

Comment

Quoth LemonLad View Post
                Sounds like a lot, or it did to me at the time, but it's amazing how fast something like that can disappear into baked goods
                ...baked ... goods?
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Yeah. 2kg wouldn't have made it to baked goods.
                  The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Lindt dark chocolate is good .....

Sharffen Berger is better
                    Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

These are what you would call, in the vast darkness of my youth, LOW LIFES.

Being broke, desperate or underemployed does NOT give you license to steal or commit any other social attrocities. These people seemed to have at least SOMETHING. $1500 could be a RENT PAYMENT in some cities, but they obviously had it. Good for you for embaressing people who should be above petty thievery!

Comment

Can I add 'stupid punks' to that?

Those two are the reason there's all kinds of cameras in stores now...

Comment

Sorry, SMP, have to seriously disagree. Scharffen Berger sucks. Poor mouth feel, among other things. Lindt is excellent. And I live just a few miles from Scharffen Berger. Most of my friends agree.

I work near a Borders store. When the holiday Lindt packages go on sale, I stock up.
                          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                          HR believes the first person in the door
                          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                          Document everything
                          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Now Lindt balls may be almost $1 each over here but they aren't worth stealing.

Damn, now I want a dark mint lindt ball.....

Comment

Working...
                            X