X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Juwl View Post
    *puts on Not a Mod hat*
    Do you work at the Arches? I worked there for a month, and we had a similar policy, fix it if they say it's wrong. I hated it, personally, because they'd tell me the order missed this or that, and I'd have checked the tray before it went out.
    Actually, I work for Wendy's. The rule about replacing it without argument is the same, though. Pisses me off, since there have been many, MANY times that I knew that I was getting ripped off, and I just wanted to reach out and slap them.
    "I'm sorry, but I don't speak customer." - Me, after a particularly mangled drive-thru order

Comment

On the traveller's cheques thing, when I bought some I had to pay for them in advance. They paid, but in effect the company issuing them made money for nothing, since you couldn't cash them.

I still have a couple hundred US dollars worth of cheques from when I went over a couple of years back. I may get around to changing them back when the exchange rate approaches closer to 1.5:1 or so. Make a bit of delayed profit and all that (bought at 1.9:1 or so).

Rapscallion

Comment

I haven't seen traveler's checks/cheques in a loooong time and I didn't think people still used them .... although, I don't live in a touristy kind of town ....
        This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

When I travelled internationally, I kept one of those 'secret belt' things. Inside, I kept:
          * a form of ID (driver's licence when I needed my passport out, passport the rest of the time),
          * a piece of paper with my itinerary, passport #, licence #, travel insurance customer # and phone #, name, nationality, allergy and medical info, and other such important stuff,
          * some traveller's cheques.

The traveller's cheques were enough money to keep me going while I made it to an embassy or consulate if I had to, or to keep me going while I waited for travel insurance to pay out.

At no time did I end up actually needing the stuff in the secret belt, but if I'd needed to, I'm sure I'd have been very glad to have it. And the traveller's cheques were an easy and relatively safe way to carry that emergency money, and cost me only a few dollars and two trips to a travel agent - one to get them, one to convert them back to cash after the trip.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I was one of those large groups but it was the cross-country team. 60 high school students ranging from the age of 14-18 unsupervised (IIRC). We were polite though, only weird thing we did was have a dancing cell phone contest.
            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

So.... when I was in high school we went on a band trip. Which for some unknown reason included the color guard(the people with the pretty flag twirling) who didn't preform durring the entire trip. Well on the way back I had my worste fast food experiance EVER. Which included to girls getting into a knock-down drag-out hair-pulling face-scratching catfight that resulted in both of the girls getting suspended. flip side: my church youth group, about 25 teens with two adult leaders had an easter sunday tradition with a sunrise service, then eating breakfast out. first year we did this, as we where leaving the manager pulled our leader aside and said our group was always welcome. That we where the best behaved group of middle and high school students they had ever seen. we always went back until the place closed

so that was one good and one bad.

Oh, and the catfight girls where my roomates on the trip(groan)
              Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

Quoth PuckishOne View Post
                and you don't want us out running in the streets.
                Bah! You're no fun. I like seeing little riots going on for some fun.
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                X