• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Green Stuff"*

1 pkg pistachio pudding mix
    1 leg can crushed pineapple
    2 cups mini marshmallows
    1 reg size tub Cool Whip

Mix all of the ingredients together. Store leftovers (not that there ever were any) in the fridge.

Oh, so very yummy!

*What we kids called Watergate Salad, which my grandma made for every family get to gether. We loved it so much, one cousin had a bowl of it with candles stuck in for her "birthday cake" one year.
    Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Yeah, I agree that most expired canned/dry goods are generally okay to eat, but food pantries are definitely strict about what they can and can't accept and usually make it clear up front (and I agree that it seems like a liability issue). I work at a small non-profit bookshop that also sells various (canned and bottled) beverages and snacks. We sell bagels, sandwiches, and other baked goods that we order everyday from a local bakery. Because sales of said items fluctuate, we often have leftovers at the end of the day. We've tried to donate the baked goods, sandwiches, bagels, etc. to a local soup kitchen/food pantry but they cannot accept them because they are unwrapped and they didn't originate from us. It sucks to have to toss delicious, fresh food when we know they went from bakery to bin to bag, but the organization has to protect itself and its customers.

Comment

Working...
      X