Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I caught that...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What baffles me is that in most states you can get a drivers license at 16, if the car is paid for in full you can be the owner of the car (name on title and everything) and if you're gainfully employed (or have a large enough allowance) you can have your own insurance.

So with the very real possibility of being 16 and having a car that is totally yours, why you can't buy the maintenance products for it.

Friend of mine had called me to stop on my way home and pick up the brake cleaner for his 17-year old son so he could do his #$%^ing brakes.
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

In utah they will Id people for all kinds of different things for different reasons. Windshild washer fluid, cold medicine, brake cleaner, spray paint. Some if the ID ing is to avoid kids sniffing/ huffing it getting high or dieing from it. Other things like brake cleaner and windshild washer fluid are used in making meth, so they ID you and some stores even scan the barcode that is now on the back so they can track the different items you purchase to see if you are purchasing all the stuff to make meth.

Comment

A few years ago, an online friend of mine accidenatlly got her next-door-neighbor's meth lab raided. She'd been petty feuding with this guy for a while ('here, kiddies, go spread these leaves in his yard', kind of thing) when she noticed that he had his garbage can had 'gotten knocked over' and had spread cold medicine boxes all over her yard. So she called the cops for him littering. She expected for him to maybe get a warning or a ticket.

She did not expect what actually happened, a full blown police raid. Her neighbor had a meth lab. She was so thankful that, thanks to the feud, she had never let her kid play other there with his kid.
        I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Not to mention how dangerous meth labs are!

I got carded once for spray paint when I was 17. I was so confused as to why they suddenly did that. I had bought spray paint times before that and never had an issue. Luckily, I was with my friend who was 18.

I was spray painting a cheap pair of shoes for a costume for my school play. Works well, btw. Besides, you won't find gold shoes for a low price anywhere, but $20 heels + $5 spray paint = win!
          Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
          Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
          The Office

Comment

Friendly Neighborhood Mod here, reminding one and all to keep the thread to discussions of the species customerus suckimus, and to take any political, social or otherwise contentious discussion to Fratching. Thanks!
            Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Kids in MO can't even buy a model knife, because it can be used as a weapon. It is sad for kids who are avid hobbyists.
              Tamezin

Comment

all the spray paints and epoxies are locked away at the craft store my fiance's mom works at.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                X