This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you MUST be joking

...if you think you are going to get 32 ounces of slushie for $1.04 (inc. tax).

Last week, this couple comes strolling up to my register with a 32 ounce soda cup. Just as I am about it ring it up as such, they tell me that it is a slushie.

What do I do?

I ring them up for 32 ounces worth of slushie. (We have two sizes: 12 oz. and 20 oz.) The woman starts to go ballistic, screaming at me, wanting to know why I charged so much. 32 oz. of slushie goodness rings up as $2.61. Major difference here. I told her that she used a soda cup instead of a slushie cup, and so I am charging her for the amount of slushie that is in the cup.

She screams some more that there aren't any slushie cups. There are, actually. We just stocked them. They are RIGHT NEXT to the slushie machine. "Oh, we didn't know those were slushie cups. They say lemonade on them." Yeah, and they also say SLUSHIE!!!

"Well, I don't want it then!" ::bitch bitch bitch:: She finally stomps over, pours the slushie into the correct cup, dumps out the excess, all the while bitching at me that I don't deserve to be assistant manager, I have HORRIBLE customer service skills, etc., etc., etc. How does she know that? SHE'S in customer service, and she KNOWS how to treat people.

She eventually stomps over to my coworker's register and pays for her 20 oz. slushie, still muttering about me.

What was her husband doing this entire time? Slinking along behind her, not saying a single word, and looking rather embarrassed.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

I would have still charged her the $2.61 for the amount you can't sell because she threw it away plus maybe 25¢ for the wasted 32oz cup but that's just me.
    This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
      What was her husband doing this entire time? Slinking along behind her, not saying a single word, and looking rather embarrassed.
      Can you blame him for looking embarrassed?

I don't know why the hell you'd want 32 ounces of slushie in the middle of January anyways.
      Last edited by Spiffy McMoron; 01-17-2008, 05:05 AM.
      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
        I don't know why the hell you'd want 32 ounces of slushie in the middle of January anyways.
        Drop your core tempreture, so the body works to warm up.
        ludo ergo sum

Comment

Can't tell from Bella's "location" field where she is, but there are some people on CS who are from Australia. For them, getting a slushie in the middle of January is perfectly normal, and they'd wonder why anyone would want one in the middle of July.

Around here, 32 ounces is a standard size for a slushie (depending on where you get it, it could be a large, or even a medium). I can understand the customer being miffed at getting charged for 20 + 12, since on fountain items the cup seems to be a significant part of the price (doesn't go up much as the size increases), so you were charging for 2 cups but she only used one (until the "dump out").
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

MEANWHILE, THE WORLD OF WHERE THINGS SHOULD HAPPEN...

Woman: "ISN'T THAT RIDICULOUS?! WELL, ISN'T IT, DEAR?!"
            Husband: *giant testicles flop out* "QUIET WOMAN! A MAN'S TRYING TO THINK!"

*SLAP*

MEANWHILE, BACK IN DISTOPIA...

Husband: "...yes dear..." *slinks away, loses man card and all testicular rights forevermore*

You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

That poor SOB probably hasn't opened his mouth since he got engaged.

Comment

Some people - myself among them - enjoy cold drinks year round. I'll happily eat ice cream in the winter with no trouble. Of course, I've been known to wear t-shirts in 30 degree weather, too.
                The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Quoth Stormraven View Post
                  Some people - myself among them - enjoy cold drinks year round. I'll happily eat ice cream in the winter with no trouble. Of course, I've been known to wear t-shirts in 30 degree weather, too.
                  I just had a co-worker laugh at me today, because it's 20 degrees and I walked in carrying an ice coffee.

I don't like hot coffee. And the belief that warm drinks will raise your core temperature if your cold is a myth. As is the belief that alcohol will either.
                  Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                    Can you blame him for looking embarrassed?

I could go into the street and get all the slushie I want for free!
                    I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Quoth poofy_puff View Post
                      I could go into the street and get all the slushie I want for free!
                      Avoid the yellow slushie.

Comment

And the belief that warm drinks will raise your core temperature if your cold is a myth. As is the belief that alcohol will either.
                        I wasn't aware this was a myth. Of course, this is primarily because both of these are true with me. There have been several times where I come home bundled up, the temperature INSIDE THE HOUSE is 60 degrees, so I stay bundled up for a while, still miserable, then decide to have some alcohol and POING back to normal clothes.

Not really sure what's mythical about it. Perhaps that it doesn't actually raise your temperature, but rather, makes you feel more hot...I'm not sure.

Edit: However, yes, if I want a slushie, I don't care if it's 20 below...I'M GETTING A FREAKIN' SLUSHIE!

Comment

Quoth gunsage View Post
                          I wasn't aware this was a myth. Of course, this is primarily because both of these are true with me. There have been several times where I come home bundled up, the temperature INSIDE THE HOUSE is 60 degrees, so I stay bundled up for a while, still miserable, then decide to have some alcohol and POING back to normal clothes.

Unfortunately you'd be wrong. Try cracking a book. Any outdoor cold weather survival manual will explain the science to you.

It's a scientific fact that alcohol will lower your body temperature, because it thins the blood. The fact that you felt warmer was nothing more than a chemical reaction in your brain, caused by the alcohol.

Think I'm wrong? Take your body temperature with a thermometer, before and after your warming method. The results will speak for themselves.

Drinking an overly hot beverage in cold weather may momentarily warm you, but over all it would lower body temperature, because your body will compensate in order to cool the overheated parts of your digestive track. Which means, 10 minutes after finishing your nice warm beverage, you'll feel even colder than you did prior to drinking the beverage.

You also shouldn't avoid normal body functions in cold weather. Holding urine in your bladder will also make you cold. Because, your body has to work to keep that fluid warm.

These are all things you'd learn in a survival course.
                          Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                            all the while bitching at me that I don't deserve to be assistant manager, I have HORRIBLE customer service skills, etc., etc., etc. How does she know that? SHE'S in customer service, and she KNOWS how to treat people.
                            Can we take a moment and appreciate the irony here?

I wish I had enough free time to lurk around your place of employment, big sis, so when customers get sucky I can pop out of thin air and freak them out with my indentical looks.

Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Unfortunately you'd be wrong. Try cracking a book
                              Very nice, very nice. Now, let me restate my comments, because apparently the same person who's saying I ought to crack a book obviously didn't read my statement, but rather, quoted what I said. Ahem...

- "I wasn't aware this was a myth."
                              This was the first thing I said. Now, what you should've discerned from this was, well, quite plainly, I didn't know it was a myth. Happy? You win.

- "Of course, this is primarily because both of these are true with me. There have been several times where I come home bundled up, the temperature INSIDE THE HOUSE is 60 degrees, so I stay bundled up for a while, still miserable, then decide to have some alcohol and POING back to normal clothes."
                              Wait wait...what was the first sentence? "Both of these are true with me." Sorry, I don't recall you meeting me. I also don't recall you knowing me. What I'm eluding to is that, if even placebically, I feel warmer. Still with me? Good.

- "Not really sure what's mythical about it. Perhaps that it doesn't actually raise your temperature, but rather, makes you feel more hot...I'm not sure."
                              Again, I'm restating here that I honestly do not know why I feel warmer, but just that I do. At no point did I say you were full of crap. It was simply a point that I did not know it wasn't true.

Look, I'm not trying to get in a fight here because I'm of the belief that fighting on forums is absolutely ridiculous and trust me, I'd gotten in plenty of them on a standard VG forum site (typically ranging from whether Zelda is an RPG or not to why Killer 7 has merit as a good game to much more). I really don't see any reason to attack me or try to disprove what I'm saying when I stated my experience.

Back on topic. One of the first days I lived on the west side during winter, my wife and I suddenly had a craving for ice cream. Don't know why, but hey. Anyway, we went down to the local Bruster's ice cream joint and weren't even sure if they were open. Yup, they sure were...and we got our stuff for half off!

Comment

Working...
                              X