Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is not the cheese you're looking for.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is not the cheese you're looking for.

This didn't happen to me, but to a co-worker, who we'll call A.

SC wanted cheese sauce on his hotdog. Cheese sauce is for nachos and is served in a tray specifically designed to have the cheese sauce separate from the nachos for dipping. It is runny.

A tells the SC he couldn't have it. SC argues. Eventually A caves and offers SC a serving of cheese sauce separate from his dog, in a nachos tray. SC says okay.

A serves dog and sauce. SC pays. SC then poors cheese sauce over his hot dog, and it runs over his hand, the till and the counter.

SC says, "Oh, I didn't think it would do that."
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

To be fair, I've often gotten hot dogs with nacho cheese sauce on them. When I do, I fully expect it to be a messy meal, however, and I usually pour it on a little at a time to avoid a flood of cheesy goodness.

Given that the idiot "didn't think it would do that" I can see where you're coming from.

Comment

I'm surprised the SC didn't have to pay for the nacho tray, that's how we did it at my theatre back in the day.

First, we had the richos cups of cheese, which were 50 cents for each additional one (or one by itself) and then we moved to the large machines that held the bags of cheese. Those could get messy, but if you had the concession skills I had, you wouldn't spill it everywhere.

Comment

I learned this lesson by experimenting with cheddar on a hot dog, in the microwave. It just won't stay put!

Comment

We have large bags of cheese. The cheese is poured from the bags into a jug, then mocroved, before being put into a warmer which keeps it above 63 degrees C. Cheese is a messy pain in the backside - to get warm, to serve and to clean up.

To be fair to the customer, I have served cheese sauce on hotdogs before. I pour a small amount carefully on the top. I wouldn't want to try eating one in the cinema though.
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

LOL what a dumb mother trucker (yup i'ma trying to censor me self, it helps so I don't fucking...crap slip around the kids)...

When will people learn that if a person who is around item A all day long recommends doing it a certain way or not doing it at all, that it should be good to listen to them.

A tip on the dogs though. I have found that if you pour a small amount of cheese in the bun before you put the dogs in that it is less messy that way.
            My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

This is why Oscar Meyer makes hot dogs with the cheese inside.

And I bet the dumbfork walked off breezily, right? Because you're paid to clean up after him. Maybe he should hire a personal maid to follow him around and mop up.
              "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                A serves dog and sauce. SC pays. SC then poors cheese sauce over his hot dog, and it runs over his hand, the till and the counter.

SC says, "Oh, I didn't think it would do that."
                "Heeeere's yer sign!"

Comment

Working...
                X