This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have a WONDERFUL day!!!

I had just got to work shortly before this all happened, and for some unknown reason, I was in a GREAT mood. No, seriously...I was.

I was checking out customers as usual when this young looking guy gets up to the counter and shouts, "Newports in a box! And Newport 100s in a box!!"

I, of course, asked to see his ID, since he looked rather young. He throws a minor temper tantrum, and stomps out to his car. He comes stomping back in, and a nice customer lets him skip in front.

SC SLAMS his hands on the counter and shouts louder then before, "Newports in a box!! And Newport 100s in a box!!!" Then starts talking about how he doesn't have time for this, etc. etc. etc. I told him that it wasn't my fault he left his ID in the car. "I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS!!!"

He gets progressively louder and more aggessive during the transaction, and I finally say, "I don't have to sell these to you, with that attitude." He gets even bitchier, and other customers are getting pissed at him for his attitude. "I'M ON LUNCH!!!!"

Finally the transaction was finished, and I was handing him his change. I said to him, in my most annoyingly cheerful voice, "Have a WONDERFUL day!!"

His reply? "You don't."

He even continued bitching as he was walking out the door.

The other customers in line all said to me that they couldn't believe how calm and polite I was during that. I laughed, thanked them, and told them to come back and tell that to my boss when I get yelled at about it.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
    SC SLAMS his hands on the counter and shouts louder then before, "Newports in a box!! And Newport 100s in a box!!!" Then starts talking about how he doesn't have time for this, etc. etc. etc. I told him that it wasn't my fault he left his ID in the car. "I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS!!!"

He gets progressively louder and more aggessive during the transaction, and I finally say, "I don't have to sell these to you, with that attitude." He gets even bitchier, and other customers are getting pissed at him for his attitude. "I'M ON LUNCH!!!!"
    Dude, you don't need cigarettes, you need a Valium. Or twenty. Sheesh!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
      The other customers in line all said to me that they couldn't believe how calm and polite I was during that. I laughed, thanked them, and told them to come back and tell that to my boss when I get yelled at about it.
      Awwwwwwwwww, you were all sunshine and light.

So, did any actually agree to come back?
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        Dude, you don't need cigarettes, you need a Valium. Or twenty. Sheesh!
        Anything that keeps that guys mouth occupied (and therefore, not talking) is OK in my books.
        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

I love telling them to have a GRRRREAT day when I know they're pissed at me. I smile real big. That way they can't tell I am being a bitch because I can't get into trouble for telling them that. Hehe

Comment

I heard that all the time. Big hugs, Bella. You handled that like a pro!

OH the BOX! That used to drive me insane! I know it just means hardpack, but when people put so much emphasis on the word "BOX" I just wanted to say "What other option is there? A vault?"
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

yeah i'll have the vintage 1850 <insert some fancy cigar name here> and a pack of marlboros tossed in its humidor just for the hell of it

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                Anything that keeps that guys mouth occupied (and therefore, not talking) is OK in my books.
                But does he need cigs? He's already a c***sucker. That's gotta keep his mouth busy plenty.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
                  I love telling them to have a GRRRREAT day when I know they're pissed at me. I smile real big. That way they can't tell I am being a bitch because I can't get into trouble for telling them that. Hehe
                  Well, they can tell that you're being a bitch, but they can't complain about it. What are they gonna say? "She told me to have a nice day! I want her fired!!"
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    Well, they can tell that you're being a bitch, but they can't complain about it. What are they gonna say? "She told me to have a nice day! I want her fired!!"
                    Isn't there a post similar to that around here somewhere?
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                      But does he need cigs? He's already a c***sucker. That's gotta keep his mouth busy plenty.
                      Yea, but good luck buying 25 of those at a time.
                      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Working...
                      X