This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does it really matter?

I answered the phone today, in my usual pleasant tone, and my customer asked me if I was a (insert n word) I was like "excuse me ma'am, how can I help you?" She asked me again, and I was like "ma'am, do you want to place an order" She goes on, and on about how "they" are morons, and can't get her order straight. I was like, "if you don't have an order, I'm going to have to disconnect"
    So she says: "I'll only take orders from white people"

The sarcastic side of me want to say, well ma'am I'm half black, and half white, so you'll at least get half of your order.
    Cruise Ship Brilliance: "Do the elevators go to the front of the ship?"

EMP: Call Center, how may I help you?
    SC: Are you a n*****?
    EMP: Gee, I don't know, are you a bigoted moron?
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      EMP: Call Center, how may I help you?
      SC: Are you a n*****?
      "Hold on, Ma'am, I'll have to go check the mirror. You may hear a click, but, rest assured, I will return with an answer." *click*
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth orcprincess View Post

So she says: "I'll only take orders from white people"

The sarcastic side of me want to say, well ma'am I'm half black, and half white, so you'll at least get half of your order.
        My monitor is eternally thankfull I obeyed rule #1
        Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

OMG, these sorry ass ppl are just outrageous. Nothing pisses me off more than those who call & make ignorant, totally uncalled for commentary to whomever answers. I would have hung up too.
          The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

If it were me......

SC: "Are you a n******?"
            ME: "No ma'am, I am not a n*****. I am a kike. Though some people think I look like a dago or a spic. Now, how may I help you today, you cracker bigot bitch?"

Think I would get fired for that?
            Last edited by Ree; 08-26-2006, 02:35 PM. Reason: OP did not use the "n" word, and neither did anyone else

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

It's very sad how in this day and age we still have racism going on in the world.

Sounds to me like the customer in the OP needs a good swift kick to her rear and a dictionary upside her head. Maybe then it'll sink in about a word called "Diversity."

Unfortunately though, to say anything back other than "I'll have to transfer you as I'm not able to help you further" would be to lower one's self to their level. Tempting, yes it is, for we feel a need to defend one's honor.

Just keep in mind though, mouthing off at customers is bad, mmmkay? Even if they do deserve it in spades.

I always found when dealing w/such a customer it's better to just not say anything and walk away and find a manager to handle the situation. That way, the SC can't say you were rude.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                Think I would get fired for that?
                Probably.

*Just a note, we don't allow racist terms on the board, unless we are directly quoting a sucky customer.

The OP chose not to directly quote, and censored the racial slur, as did everyone else who responded.
                It would have been appreciated if you would have done the same.
                Since you were referring to yourself with the other slurs, then I will leave them uncensored.
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
                  I always found when dealing w/such a customer it's better to just not say anything and walk away and find a manager to handle the situation. That way, the SC can't say you were rude.
                  If they're sucky enough, they can complain that you walked away from them and didn't offer to help them in any way, shape, or form...
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                    If they're sucky enough, they can complain that you walked away from them and didn't offer to help them in any way, shape, or form...
                    If they're sucky enough, they will complain about anything, but at least you keep your own dignity intact and come across as the better person.
                    I don't think DGoddess mean that you just walk away. I think she intended that you would politely excuse yourself and say, "I am going to call a manager to help you with this."

If a complaint does go in, and management asks you, then you can explain it away, putting the customer in a bad light, and making yourself look professional and cool. You can say that, since you felt the customer's behaviour was such that you couldn't handle it without upset, you felt it was more professional to let a manager deal with them.

Comment

Ree, I know. I was trying to be amusing, in my sarcastic way, and forgot to add a smiley so people know that.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                        *Just a note, we don't allow racist terms on the board, unless we are directly quoting a sucky customer.

The OP chose not to directly quote, and censored the racial slur, as did everyone else who responded.
                        It would have been appreciated if you would have done the same.
                        Since you were referring to yourself with the other slurs, then I will leave them uncensored.
                        I wrote it the way I did for effect. (And because I was very pissed off at the original SC for being such a racist asshat.) Techincally, I was quoting the original SC, and was using my post to show the utter idiocy of the SC. I was trying to make a point, you see, and felt that I should either censor all the racist language or none...and if I censored all the racist language, much of it would not be recognized as what it was, and much of my point would have been lost.

That being said, I apologize for violating board policy and apologize to anyone my uncensored post may have offended. I do hope y'all understand why I did it.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                          Techincally, I was quoting the original SC
                          Hmm..
                          OP: "my customer asked me if I was a (insert n word)"
                          Your post: "SC: "Are you a nigger?"

Nope, doesn't look like a quote to me. Looks like you chose not to censor, even though the OP did. That's not really quoting.

But, anyway, your apology is accepted.

*EDIT-I see that I mistakenly referred to your quoting the OP, when you were referring to the original sucky customer. My mistake, but as the title of the thread says, "What's the point" in your arguing with me on it?
                          I called you to task for not censoring, and you didn't. That was your choice, but it still rather violated the board policy, as you were not the person who spoke with the customer, you didn't really have a right to quote them, nor use the racial slur, since, technically, you weren't in on the phone call.

Now, moving on...
                          Last edited by Ree; 08-26-2006, 10:30 PM.

Comment

*Edited to remove unnecessary talking back to a mod ~Ree

But glad you understood where I was coming from. Now, let's go point at some SC's and giggle.
                            Last edited by Ree; 08-26-2006, 05:34 PM.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                            X