X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's Holding the Boots Hostage...

Full moons suck, don't they?

Lady orders online. Order arrives. No problem right? I wish.

Now, according to the SC, she ordered large and extra large dog boots. Said they came through as smalls and mediums. Made several claims that she had called "10 times" to cancel the order, being a big spender, and old customer. I have not even begun to even check the order, she is making all these claims upfront. Very bad sign, as I was aware once I pull up the account. Let me note the reasons why.

1. For all my company's faults, the website is something they have mostly right. If you enter boots in large or extra large you will get large and extra large, provided they are in stock.
    2. These boots do not come in extra large.
    3. SC has placed 5 total orders since 1999.
    4. Total amount spent just breaks $1000.
    5. There is only one note on the account. From the day before. Stating we could not cancel it because it had shipped out.

As far as I can tell, this woman is in a fantasy world. Let the games begin.

So once I have the order up, she gives me a list of her demands. These were not questions along the lines of "Can you do this?" It was as if she was holding the boots hostage and would shoot them if we did not give in to her demands. She wanted us to pay to ship them back, refund her previous shipping, refund the small order charge, and send boots of proper size at no cost (Or else the boots get it). I don't negotiate well in hostage situations.

Me: Stubborn Mule
    SC: Twit who believes that we aren't going to fight back

Me: We cannot do that. Orders entered online come through as they are entered. For smalls and mediums to appear, the customer must have entered small and medium. And as far as cancelling the order, there is one note from yesterday, after the order had shipped, that you called to cancel. There is no other record of cancelation call before that.
    SC: But you don't understand. I have 80 lb dogs. I wouldn't order boots this small. I ordered large and extra large. The website changed them on me!
    Me: That cannot happen. The website does not change sizes on anything entered. Also, these boots do not come in an extra large. As far as sizing goes, weight does not determine the size of dog clothing. You have to follow the measuring guide on the website to get the correct fit. It is much the same for a dog as a human when fitting clothing. Two people of the same weight may have vastly different proportions.
    SC: You are not listening to me. There is no way I would have ordered boots this size. They are too small for my dog. I did not enter this order.
    Me: Miss, I do understand where you are coming from. However, unless this order was entered from your end of the website, it would not come to our computers. To send these back you are responsible for shipping, as this was your error. As far as refunding anything, the most we can do is a refund for the boots when they come back. The only other option is an exchange, but we would have to charge you for the price difference.

So this went on for roughly 15 minutes. The customer would not admit that she screwed up. Eventually, she just hung up. She then calls back, and gets another CSR who was a few feet away from me and had already been laughing at all the trouble I was going through. She got the same answer. Checked back on the order when I got in this morning and it looks like even the managers she got through to gave her the same answer (Hooray for spines. I work with card carrying vertebrates!)

Oh, and one last bit of looneyness... I think thats a word. Anyway, midway through the above argument, I was accused of taping the call. After a second of silence (read surpressing laughter), I explain that when she called, the automated system advises that calls are taped for quality assurance. Ofcourse, she thought that was crazy too.

I would have told her to get some smaller dogs that fit the boots...lol.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
      I would have told her to get some smaller dogs that fit the boots...lol.
      Yeah, the problem is that the bloody SC will. Happened recently on here for a return of a dog due to eye colour.

*sigh*

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
        Yeah, the problem is that the bloody SC will. Happened recently on here for a return of a dog due to eye colour.

*sigh*

Rapscallion
        I thought that was a cat...
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          I thought that was a cat...
          But they're the same thing, after all.
          "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

*sighs cause she has to deal with her brother [read 18 year old blonde giant] calling her baby a kitty call day* not funny

Comment

Working...
            X