This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate marriot

Yesterday I had to tell a guest that if they wanted to take advantage of one of marriot's policies (which marriot doesn't actually have) that they would have to go to marriot... now I have their guests calling us asking if they can use their marriot rewards points with us... why oh why does marriot inspire the worst in our guests?
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Its the water, maybe?

I don't know. My company changed its name from X to Y and to THIS DAY we get people asking if we're in cohorts with Mariott and if the can use their points at their hotel.

"No ma'm, we never were and never will be a part of the Mariott family---"

"But what about X?"

"And therein lies the reason for the name change, m'am. X-Mariott hotels were not a part of X-Resorts. With Y name, there is no question nor confusion if we're associated with Mariott."

"But..."
    "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Quoth AnqeiicDemise View Post
      Its the water, maybe?

I don't know. My company changed its name from X to Y and to THIS DAY we get people asking if we're in cohorts with Mariott and if the can use their points at their hotel.

"No ma'm, we never were and never will be a part of the Mariott family---"

"But what about X?"

"And therein lies the reason for the name change, m'am. X-Mariott hotels were not a part of X-Resorts. With Y name, there is no question nor confusion if we're associated with Mariott."

"But..."
      That sounds just like a resort company that was big in Williamsburg. We'd get people at Colonial Williamsburg who would be like, "Where is the "x" at?" So we, being the oh so awesome tour guides that we were (not) would ask, "Do you mean "x" hotel or "x" timeshare company?" Of course, 99% of the time they didn't even know whether or not they were staying at a timeshare or a hotel. It also didn't help that "x" timeshare company owned four or five properties in town.

We'd also get the people who would say, "Oh, we're staying at the Days Inn. Do you know where it is?" Of course, there were THREE Days Inns in town and we couldn't help much when these people couldn't even figure out what road their hotel was on.
      Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

That sounds just like a resort company that was big in Williamsburg. We'd get people at Colonial Williamsburg who would be like, "Where is the "x" at?" So we, being the oh so awesome tour guides that we were (not) would ask, "Do you mean "x" hotel or "x" timeshare company?" Of course, 99% of the time they didn't even know whether or not they were staying at a timeshare or a hotel. It also didn't help that "x" timeshare company owned four or five properties in town.
        That's because it might be my company. We have three properties in Williamsburg.
        "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Working...
        X