This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda sucky, kinda good

I had a guy in my computer labs today that I really want to put on the praising boards, but his parting actions have landed him in the suck.

An old man, a regular at the labs, comes in for more help. He needs help alot, and likes getting me to help him, since I generally am able to assist him. Today, he brings me a problem that was rather new for me. Being me, I get excited at the prospect of a challenge, and while trying to help, I am moving too fast for him to follow. He asks me several times to slow down or repeat myself, but is very polite about it, even seeming generally interested in how to solve the problem as well.

Finally, after a bit of teasing the system, I get fix the problem and he thanks me profusely while packing up. As I am walking out with him, chatting about how to fix the problem itself should it occur, he says loudly as we pass the front desk where my co-worker is sitting, "At least you are much more helpful then the OTHER one," and he looks directly at my co-worker.

Now, I have no idea what warranted that, but all the joy I had felt helping him out vanished at that instant. I call that a "dick move." And I certainly didn't think my co-worker was deserving of the comment. Plus, I was horribly embarrassed. Sir, you were close to a praising, but I would probably put you down for a thrashing, now.

Well, I am going to a wedding soon, so let me summarize this in a format that is more with the festivities:

Something Old: The SC
    Something New: The SC's Presario Laptop
    Something Sucky: His comment to my co-worker
    Something Coo': Learning to solve a new problem
    ~ It is a beautiful day to be dizzy!

Quoth Meadhands View Post
    I call that a "dick move."
    And now, so do I.

I hadn't thought about it before, but I've had several customers who were just wonderful to serve, up until the very end when they pulled their own brand of "dick move".

One guy in particular stands out. He needed several bottles of wine to buy for gifts, and he was great. He answered my questions, was curious enough to ask some of his own, told me that I could wrap them anyway I liked (he "trusted my judgment") and finally thanked me profusely for my help.

Then on the way out the door he turns around and says, "You've got a nice ass, by the way."

So close.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
      Then on the way out the door he turns around and says, "You've got a nice ass, by the way."

So close.
      I'd take that parting phrase over many others I've heard any day.

Comment

I'm a guy ... so, you can presume that my thoughts are normally horny and perverted.

The thing that separates a nice guy, like me, from a guy like that is the fact that I'll think "hey, nice ass" and say "Thanks for your help!"
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Working...
        X