X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the suck was strong today

Oh the suck has been strong today, starting with the most recent

i'm sorry that $40 a night off a room that I'm not supposed to discount isn't enough

sc- I need a room starting on the 5th of february going until the 27th, and I'm a (company) employee.
    me- ok, it looks like the only rooms that I have available are executive rooms... technically I'm not supposed to discount those rooms, but for your corporate rate I'll do that at $159 per night.
    sc- noo, my corporate rate is $139 per night, that's the rate I will pay.
    me- yes ma'am your corporate rate is at $139 per night, but is technically only to be used on standard rooms. Really I should be selling you the room for $219 per night, instead I'll do your rate plus the normal $20 upgrade
    sc- that is unacceptable (side not, is this word replacing ridicules) my company has negotiated $139, that is how much I will pay, you need to do more and work with me.
    me- ma'am, I am working with you.
    sc- I want to speak to your manager.
    me- the manager is (name) her number is (number) and she will be back in on monday morning, I've done all I can, if you want more done please speak to (manager) on monday morning
    *inproper release of call

honestly people, what part of I'm already doing more than I should not understandable?

how hard is smoking preference

me- did you want a room in smoking or non-smoking
    sc- I already told you, I need a room with 2 beds
    me- and was that in smoking or non smoking
    sc- 2 beds
    me- ok, I have rooms with 2 double beds available in both smoking and non smoking available at the rate of (rate), did you want to reserve one?
    sc- yes, I would.
    me- and were you reserving that as a smoking or non smoking
    sc- yes, I'm reserving a room
    me- and is that a smoking or nonsmoking room?
    sc- i don't understand why this is so hard for you, I just want to reserve a room.
    me- and I can't reserve a room unless I know whether you want to stay in a smoking or non smoking room.
    sc- fine, obviously you don't know what you're doing (click)

ok, I didn't think it was that hard of a concept... best of luck when she calls other hotels and they start asking her the same question

apparently one is plenty

ok, so this is really a cursing out coworkers, but I'll put it here anyway because the customer sucked too.

sc- I need to check in tonight, staying one night, 3 rooms with 1 person each, and this is a government stay.
    me- and was that federal or state?
    sc- federal.
    me- ok, it looks like the only way to do that would be doing 3 king suites, the rate on that will be ($5 less than per diem) per room, did you want to reserve that.
    sc- but the front desk said you had plenty of king standards for $119.
    me- I'm sorry but I only have one room with a king standard available, but the suites are still below the per diem rate.
    sc- thanks anyway *click*

ok, WTH, i'm still below the per diem rate and you're complaining about it... yeah, I agree that it sucks that our front desk employee doesn't know how to do there job, but you should be expecting a number $5 higher still than what I quoted you... besides you aren't paying douche.

the suck is strong in this one
    background, we recently had a location near the san diego zoo close, this does not stop people calling asking about it.

sc- yes I'd like to stay at your mission valley zoo area location.
    me- I'm sorry, but that location has closed, if you'd like I can check our other locations, in fact our downtown location is actually a little bit closer than the old zoo area location.
    sc- ok, I'd like to stay during (dates, during comic-con).
    me- ok so we have available a room with 2 queen nonsmoking available, that has (sales speil) and it looks like that is during comic-com that week so the rate is a bit on the high side, it will be at $399, would you like me to reserve that?
    sc- no that is too expensive.
    me- would you like me to see what else is nearby that is less expensive?
    sc- no because then it would be too far from the zoo.

this excessively far distance from the zoo that I was going to offer her, 2 miles, the rate I could have done by being 2 miles away instead of half a mile away, $199, that is the definition of both suck and fail at the same time.

apparently your geography skills aren't good either

blahblahblah, the first part of the call went very well actually... until this happened
    please note, this person was asking about a hotel in Puerto Rico

me- and the rate on that 2 double garden view non smoking will be $229 per night
    sc- and what would that rate be in US dollars?
    (in case you didn't catch it, peurto rico is a US territory, they use US dollars)
    me- that was in US dollars
    sc- oh, I thought it was peurto rican dollars, I was hoping it really was cheaper than that in US, oh well.
    me- and did you want to reserve that.
    sc- no, not at that rate.
    me- then thank you for calling and have a good evening.

seriously, I think this lady also called GK and asked him about where Vancouver was.

thank God my shift is now almost over (5 more minutes) because I don't think I could survive more of this barrage.
    sc- and what is that in US dollars
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    how hard is smoking preference

me- did you want a room in smoking or non-smoking
    sc- I already told you, I need a room with 2 beds
    me- and was that in smoking or non smoking
    sc- 2 beds
    me- ok, I have rooms with 2 double beds available in both smoking and non smoking available at the rate of (rate), did you want to reserve one?
    sc- yes, I would.
    me- and were you reserving that as a smoking or non smoking
    sc- yes, I'm reserving a room
    me- and is that a smoking or nonsmoking room?
    sc- i don't understand why this is so hard for you, I just want to reserve a room.
    me- and I can't reserve a room unless I know whether you want to stay in a smoking or non smoking room.
    sc- fine, obviously you don't know what you're doing (click)
    ok, I didn't think it was that hard of a concept... best of luck when she calls other hotels and they start asking her the same question

apparently one is plenty

ok, so this is really a cursing out coworkers, but I'll put it here anyway because the customer sucked too.

sc- I need to check in tonight, staying one night, 3 rooms with 1 person each, and this is a government stay.
    me- and was that federal or state?
    sc- federal.
    me- ok, it looks like the only way to do that would be doing 3 king suites, the rate on that will be ($5 less than per diem) per room, did you want to reserve that.
    sc- but the front desk said you had plenty of king standards for $119.
    me- I'm sorry but I only have one room with a king standard available, but the suites are still below the per diem rate.
    sc- thanks anyway *click*

ok, WTH, i'm still below the per diem rate and you're complaining about it... yeah, I agree that it sucks that our front desk employee doesn't know how to do there job, but you should be expecting a number $5 higher still than what I quoted you... besides you aren't paying douche.
    I've worked in hotel reservations before, though my office was dedicated to only two properties, but here's my thoughts based on my experiences:

For the smoking/non-smoking, if she refuses to answer, note in the ressie and book her a smoking room. She can't say which, go with the one that's the least problematic if she does smoke.

And for the government worker who's spending my tax dollars - yay for a civil servant NOT spending excess money. I don't see the suck in him not taking the rooms at a higher rate than absolutely necessary.

The front desk, much like ours, is totally incompetent at quoting availability/prices over the phone. Which definitetly DOES suck.

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
      I've worked in hotel reservations before, though my office was dedicated to only two properties, but here's my thoughts based on my experiences:

For the smoking/non-smoking, if she refuses to answer, note in the ressie and book her a smoking room. She can't say which, go with the one that's the least problematic if she does smoke.

And for the government worker who's spending my tax dollars - yay for a civil servant NOT spending excess money. I don't see the suck in him not taking the rooms at a higher rate than absolutely necessary.

The front desk, much like ours, is totally incompetent at quoting availability/prices over the phone. Which definitetly DOES suck.
      oh yes, I appreciate him not wanting to use more tax dollars than necessary, but still, he was already budgeted for $5 more than what I quoted which means he is still saving tax dollars allocated for hotel stays.

oh and the idiot who couldn't decide smoking or non, that was a day of arrival reservation and the hotel still had 100 rooms left and she said she would be checking in w/i half an hour so I told her to just walk in.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
        oh yes, I appreciate him not wanting to use more tax dollars than necessary...
        Not likely.

The full Per Diem is usually paid no matter how much you actually used that day. Someone was looking to get a bonus on the side. Non-per diem purchases are usually reimbursed after giving copies of reciepts to the accounting folks.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
        X