Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

there's a reason why coffee shop workers have an attitude... (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post
    With that in mind, why is asking for this drink this way such a bad thing?
    A venti cappuccino at that chain is really out of proportion. That size has the same amount of espresso as a grande, only the cup is 4 ounces bigger. Replacing those four ounces with milk would make a diluted drink, so the drink gets mostly extra foam. Almost 2/3 of the cup is foam in a venti. Getting a foamless venti cap just means getting a pretty empty cup. And that means a very, very angry customer. Even if that is exactly what they ordered. They would do better to order something like a double espresso with a little milk in it. Much cheaper.

The standard cappuccino in Italy is equal proportions espresso, milk and foam. Not exactly a good proportion for a 20 ounce cup. They don't really have those over there, anyway.

Comment

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post
      I will preface my question by saying that I never drink coffee, have no concept of any coffee drink beyond "Decaf or Non" and only set foot in Starbucks to buy hot chocolate.

With that in mind, why is asking for this drink this way such a bad thing?
      It totally doesn't bother me when people admit that they are not sure about what they want, or they ask questions. What bothers me about the "venti cap, no foam" guys is that they act like you are the stupid one when you clarify their order, and yet it is clear that they have no idea what they are talking about.

Comment

I'm surprised nobody's picked up on why people want extra extra EXTRA caramel. Cause they hate the taste of coffee and need something to cover it. But without that white starbucks cup they just wouldn't be cool.

Comment

the caramel junkies are a separate and epic issue on their own. *shudders*

i'd rather not think about them any more than necessary, because they're just as bad as the atkins freaks.

atkins = one of the worst diets EVER
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Coffee. Ewwww. The stuff tastes like the Golden Girls having an orgy looks.

Or another way I like to put it, it tastes like a tire fire with an aftertaste of ass and makes your breath smell the same way. I will never understand why people get so worked up about the stuff.

It'll be a cold day in hell before I ever order a coffee at Lottabucks. If I'm shopping at Barnes and Noble and I feel the urge for a tasty beverage, I'll order a soft drink. You don't need to put whipped cream in it, or froth it, or hand me the caramel bottle and tell me to give it hell.

That being said I do have a thing for Gloria Jeans, but that's like 5% coffee and 95% yummy stuff like whipped cream, caramel, chocolate, mashed up cookie things (insert Homer Simpson drool here...)
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              I'll order a soft drink. You don't need to put whipped cream in it, or froth it, or hand me the caramel bottle and tell me to give it hell.
              Ever had an italian soda? Apparently, some places PUT whipped cream in! /goes into diabetic coma
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
              X