X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh that's silly, people don't steal!

Um. Wow.

Anyway, had this lady get REALLY happy that she saw the .25 cent chocolate cherries at the counter. She said she was looking for them, but was confused as to why they were at the counter, and not with the rest of the candy. Rather then attempt to explain impulse buy, which ether confuse or anger some of my customers, I told her a simple, but decent lie.

ME: "Well, they're really small, if we put them in the candy racks, it be real easy for people to steal a few without us seeing it"

C: *smiling sweetly, but looking confused* "Really?"

ME: Yeah

C: "Oh that's silly. Nobody steals!"

ME: *Mental thud, though I managed to stop my laugh* "Wha... what?"

C: "Stealing is a sin. Nobody wants to go to heck, so nobody would steal".

ME: *smiling* "....sure... have a nice day...."

*Notice* Please guys, it was just a strange customer. So no insults or talks about religion. Just.. strange customer.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Yes.... that would explain why the American jails are no where near being over crowded.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Reeeaaaallly. How come I see people stuff beer cans down their pants every shift?

Nah, nobody steals. Wake up, lady!

Comment

Unless this lady was just pulling your leg, that naive mindset tends to happen when you're taught everything is sunshine and roses if you follow a certain path.
        "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Aren't our prisons filled with people who have claimed to find that certain path?
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
            Aren't our prisons filled with people who have claimed to find that certain path?
            I believe they're filled with people who were no where near the place where the crime took place and if they were there by chance they were asleep.
            How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

"Go to heck????"

Seriously?

Oh. My. (Insert Deity here).

Comment

I was talking to the priest from my town's catholic church at the store a few weeks ago. Even I have to admit that this is one of the coolest guys, let alone priests, that I've ever met. The following is a direct quote after I asked him if he was going to use the cooking sherry he was holding for church services.

Hell, if they'd let me use real wine for the services I wouldn't be here buying this. The "wine" we use for services is made by Welches.
                This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
                  I believe they're filled with people who were no where near the place where the crime took place and if they were there by chance they were asleep.
                  Hey, I sleep sometimes. I'd better watch out!
                  "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I'm guessing this lady has either been living in isolation or is in a state of denial.

Comment

Hmm...I'd like to join her on her perfect little planet sometimes but I can't allow myself to be that detached from reality anymore...for me that would take a lot of drugs and i don't do that anymore.
                      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                        C: "Stealing is a sin. Nobody wants to go to heck, so nobody would steal".
                        Not everyone believes in heck...
                        ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth hecubus View Post
                          "Go to heck????"

Seriously?

Oh. My. (Insert Deity here).
                          Perfect Bumper Sticker right there.

People Steal. Fact of life. Just like Soap Operas and teeny-boppers on SUGAR going into the Goth Wanna Be store and thinking they're so SPECIAL because oh-woe-is-them-NO-ONE-UNDERSTANDS-them and that they MUST MUST MUST write horrible angsty poetry. Or really really bad fanfiction. Or both. Then *I* get to find them all on the internet and bust more brain cells just from reading the crud then had I gone to the meth-lab and blowed (yes, blowed) my little gray brain matters to dustings (yes, dustings).
                          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

That lady needs a serious reality check.
                            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

What rock has she been hiding under for all of time?
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X