X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
    First, to the site.

Second, let me tell you how refreshing it is to read your well written and punctuated post. I am glad to see that, at 14, you know, understand and use the language to your advantage. As a father of grown boys, I commend you.
    I agree. I am very impressed. I've seen adult posts (not here though) that were so horribly written, I just couldn't bring myself to read the whole thing.

And you handled that whole situation very professionally .... although I am a bit upset that you have to start dealing with SCs at such a young age ... but I guess you gotta start somewhere!!
    This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

to AbsolutTennis!

And to the SC in the original post: The rules at the zoo are in place for the benefit of the animals. They're not trying to inconvenience you for the fun of it. If the zoo employee says they're not allowed to do something, that means to do it would harm the animal in some way. No banging on display windows, no throwing junk food or garbage in the habitats, no moving the snake that's just eaten. These creatures are living beings that have the right to live their lives unmolested, they were not put on this earth for your amusement.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Dark-Star View Post
        LOL! Sounds like poor ol' pop has to put up with this stuff on a regular basis...
        Poor ol pop is an idiot.

That poor kid is either gonna grow up hating women and trying to dominate them, or letting them walk all over him like his father.

I have one ex husband and one ex fiance. If I were to EVER act like that in front of my child, either one of them would have propelled me out the door...and rightfully so.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          And to the SC in the original post: The rules at the zoo are in place for the benefit of the animals. They're not trying to inconvenience you for the fun of it. If the zoo employee says they're not allowed to do something, that means to do it would harm the animal in some way.
          Exactly. As someone who worked in a small zoo for over a year, part of that time as a keeper, I can completely agree.

Oh, and AbsolutTennis? Good on you for being firm. Welcome, glad to have you, and to echo what a few other posters have said, good on your for using proper punctuation, grammar and such. Makes a post that much more enjoyable to read.
          "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

you should feed her to the snake.... hmmm... on second thought, that would be bad food for the beautiful critter...

We used to have a carpet python in the Science Lab at a school where I used to work - very well cared for by us staff (well, me. the Boss and the Biology teachers) and an army of special ed kids that we taught (my "superstars")- their parents were all for it and all were keen to learn how to take care of the snake.

I remember one day, in a situation similar to the OP's, the snake had just been fed by one of the superstars, and teh snake was quite contentedly resting and digesting... anyway a new student came barging in and pushed the superstar out of the way to get to the snake.

Now this superstar had overcome immense learning difficulties (I know this as I was one of his teacher for 2 years), he has a quick temper, but never around us science staff and especially never around the snake...

This is the conversation as best as I can remember:

Cast of characters

S: Superstar (Special ed student - a legend in my mind)
            N: New student - not really sucky just ignorant and trying to make a name for himself.
            B: biological boss - unbelievably awesome
            Me: Gday!

To set the scene:

The snake "room" was at the back of the classroom, near the science office. The Superstar kid was just in front of it, cleaning up (without being asked, like I said, a real great kid), my boss was in teh office grading papers and I was at the front of the room grading papers.

N: Out of the way, retard, I wanna see the snake! (did I mention before, I really REALLY REALLY hate that word retard being used in taht way)

I was about to jump up and growl , my boss had the same idea as he came into the room, but S gave a signal to wait. We always encouraged our students to talk through any difficulties. So we stood back, but keeping a watchful eye.

S: N, Why do you wish to harm the snake, and to harm me?
            N: Whaa? I just wanted to see the snake....
            S: He has just eaten
            N: So??
            S: if you disturb you most likely will hurt him or worse.
            N: Oh no! I don't want to do that! When can I see him?
            S: in a couple of days would be okay, I would be happy to show you things about his cage and if you come back in a week or so, you can watch me feed him.
            N: COOL!!!

N: ummm how did I harm you?
            S: What did you call me when you entered teh room?
            N: ummm.......oh <he looks downward in what seem sto be genuine shame> I am sorry, mate
            S: Then it is okay then, and forgotten - want to play soccer?
            N: Sure!

Those two and the snake became inseperable for the 2 years I was there

Comment

Quoth Damien View Post
              N: ummm how did I harm you?
              S: What did you call me when you entered teh room?
              N: ummm.......oh <he looks downward in what seem sto be genuine shame> I am sorry, mate
              S: Then it is okay then, and forgotten - want to play soccer?
              N: Sure!

I think I would have hugged him! That's awsome!!

Comment

Quoth Damien View Post
                Thank you for sharing that wonderful story. It's so nice to see forgiveness and understanding. Also nice to see N learn a good lesson and become a better person for it. Good for S for standing up for what is right and not letting others bully him.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                  Poor ol pop is an idiot.
                  Yeah, talk about neutered, eh?

He's too afraid to say anything directly to his overbearing cow- err, wife and thus resorts to meekly whispering behind her back.
                  Mike: I'm gonna tell my boss I'm Puma Man, maybe he'll let me off early.

- "Puma Man", MST3K.

Comment

Ok was anyone else reminded of the snake scene in the first Harry Potter book by the OP? Or am I just that much of a nerd?

~Rhania

Comment

Quoth Rhania506 View Post
                      Ok was anyone else reminded of the snake scene in the first Harry Potter book by the OP? Or am I just that much of a nerd?

~Rhania
                      AH yes.... Hehe, DUdly deserved it.

Comment

Working...
                      X