Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... I've eaten dog treats more recently. A couple of years ago, my roomie and I went to PetCo to buy rat food. We waited online by the little buffet-style counter with all the dog treats. One was labled "vanilla pretzel". My roommate took one, ate it, and said "It's delicious!" I tried one and indeed they were yummy. Tasted just like a cookie.

A lady ahead of us saw us eat the treats, and tried one for herself. She flipped out when she realized they tasted good. She started raving about doing her grocery shopping there from now on. She even ran to the front and began waving around a big jerky-type dog bone saying "I oughta buy this and make soup!".

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
      Sadly, I'm convinced that was a real call.
      I am too.

And I'm sure making the suggestion of getting his child away from the dog food would have been too much for this guy's brain to handle. It'd probably exploded upon impact.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
        Well, you're not the only one. Mom couldn't keep me out of the dog's bowl when I was little - my best guess is that I liked the texture, or just liked the dog so much I thought it must be good.
        When my brother was little, he'd eat the dog food... and the um.... processed dog food.
        SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
        SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

I'm guessing poop, as much as I don't want to.
          ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

i'm also sadly convinced it was real; the worst part is not only does he have a dog, but he bred, too.

*also a reformed childhood kibble/treat eater*

hey, if it's good enough for the 'babies'...
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Norton View Post
              ... I've eaten dog treats more recently. A couple of years ago, my roomie and I went to PetCo to buy rat food. We waited online by the little buffet-style counter with all the dog treats. One was labled "vanilla pretzel". My roommate took one, ate it, and said "It's delicious!"
              Those cookies at Petco are actually for both humans and dogs. There are 3 types there: the carob chip, the vanilla pretzel, and the sandwiched cream cookies. I used to eat them daily.

The food we're talking about his son eating was more or less random parts of a chicken turned into a semi-moist piece of dog kibble. Big difference!

Quoth Cyphr View Post
              I ate dog food and thoose dry treats. so its not insane its just something little kids do...
              It's not that I found it insane...it's the fact that he called a pet store to share this personal tidbit, and then ask me for medical advice regarding his child, when I was a 16 year old girl.
              Last edited by Broomjockey; 02-23-2008, 08:23 PM. Reason: multi-quote
              JB: Are you the grief counselor?
              GC: Oh, God, it never ends.

Cas@Mindsay

Comment

Quoth AngryCas View Post
                Those cookies at Petco are actually for both humans and dogs. There are 3 types there: the carob chip, the vanilla pretzel, and the sandwiched cream cookies. I used to eat them daily.

The food we're talking about his son eating was more or less random parts of a chicken turned into a semi-moist piece of dog kibble. Big difference!
                OMG I LOVE YOU I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO ATE THE SANDWICH CREAM COOKIES EVERY DAY!!!!

Well, more like every time the biscuit bar got refilled so they were fresh from the bag. I used to mess with kids, too. "Dare me to eat a dog cookie?"
                My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Quoth Saydrah View Post
                  OMG I LOVE YOU I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO ATE THE SANDWICH CREAM COOKIES EVERY DAY!!!!

Well, more like every time the biscuit bar got refilled so they were fresh from the bag. I used to mess with kids, too. "Dare me to eat a dog cookie?"
                  AHHH!!! Those Carob Chip Cookies were AMAZING! I used to laugh at the teenage boys walking by..."I dare you to eat a dog biscuit..." "No way dude, that s gross!" "OMG He's eating it!" "...that was actually kind of good..." "FREAK!!!"

Cas@Mindsay

Comment

Has anyone eaten primate chow? You know, the stuff they feed the gorillas at the zoo? It tastes like Grape Nuts. But drier.
                    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Quoth Part-Time Parrothead View Post
                      Has anyone eaten primate chow? You know, the stuff they feed the gorillas at the zoo? It tastes like Grape Nuts. But drier.
                      Tastes like Grapenuts? I have to say -- I'm not sold. Haha

Cas@Mindsay

Comment

Quoth Part-Time Parrothead View Post
                        Drier? Is that possible?

This thread has freaked me out. I'm never again going to be able to go to get supplies for my cats and not wonder.....

Eric the Grey
                        Last edited by Eric the Grey; 02-23-2008, 12:59 AM. Reason: type
                        In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Back when my wife still worked at the drug store, she got a call about condoms. It was some guy who wanted to know if they carried ones for "12 inches or larger." She didn't know what to say, so she passed the phone onto several other people, including a male pharmacist who told the guy to "come in and we'll measure it for you."

No one ever came in, and she's pretty sure it was one of her friends playing a prank on her.
                          Sometimes life is altered.
                          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                          Uneasy with confrontation.
                          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
                            Drier? Is that possible?
                            Ha, that was my first thought, too

I go to Petco sometimes to get stuff from the treat bar for Pablo...he likes the little round training treats and the little ring-shaped ones (we call them Crunch Berries and Fruit Loops ). It never occurred to me to try the cookies (though I do toss a few of those in the bag for him, too). As it is, I think I will take y'all's word for it that they are good, and stick to Oreos.
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                              Cat, dog, rabbit, and that horse feed with the molasses in it. Didn't kill me, and I still think the rabbit (alfalfa pellets) and horse tastes good. I eat milkbones on occasion to gross out my kids. All of us 4-H and FFAers dared each other to eat various feeds, and they were probably better for us than our lunch at McD's.
                              I thought we were the only ones who did that. I still remember my best friend & I in our garage, eating out of the bag of sweet feed. We also would occasionally eat milk bones on a dare.
                              That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Working...
                              X