Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Sorry, Sir, But It's NOT My Department!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Sorry, Sir, But It's NOT My Department!!

To set the stage, we got some snow today. Not an awful lot, 6 inches at the most. And the snow, for the most part, stopped around noonish. Of course, that means that half of second shift calls out.

Anyhoo...One girl from the bakery left at 7:30, after having been there for the majority of the day. No one had gone to the bakery for HOURS, anyway.

You know what that means, right? Once no one's there, customers HAVE to go to the bakery.

At 7:45ish, one of my produce coworkers came up to me and said a customer was standing at the bakery. (What that had to do with me, I'm still not sure. Not my department and all that good stuff.)

I leave my refrigerated cave to see if it's something I can do.

G: "Do you have any tiramisu?"
    M: "I really don't know what they look like, but I don't see a sign for them in the case, so I don't think we do."
    G: "Well, can you look in the refrigerator?"
    M: "I can, but like I said, I don't know what they look like. This isn't my department."
    G: {pointing at something in the case} "Well, how much are these Chocolate Decandences?"
    M: "I'm sorry, sir, this isn't my department so I don't know, but I can TRY to find a price."

So I make my way behind the bakery counter to fiddle with the pricing machine. I have lots of screens to flip through, and the guy isn't happy.

G: "Is there a manager around? I want to make a complaint, and it's your choice--written or verbal."
    M: {pages MOD}
    MOD: "How may I help you, sir?"
    G: "I've been waiting here FOREVER for someone to help me and this girl came out and she doesn't know what she's doing and I want some tiramisus and she doesn't know where they are and what they look like and I want some of these Chocolate Decadences and she's useless blah blah blah..."
    MOD: "Well, she doesn't work in this deparment and she's doing the best she can, but I'll see if there's anyone here who has worked in the bakery before." He then had me page a front end coworker.

I page the aforementioned FECW and wait for her to come, because it's now time for me to take down my salad bar, while MOD tries to help the man. He still rants and raves while I start my end of night routine.

Later on, I saw MOD and asked if I was going to get written up. He said no and that I did a wonderful job. I guess the guy wasn't happy, no matter how it ended up.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Becks, you get some suck ass customers.

Love Tom, though.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

But you work here you should know everything!

Sound like the guy was in a bad mood and decided to take it out on someone,sounds like you've got a pretty cool manager to back you up like that.
      Please excuse me , I need to wander round the corner to scream now, before my head explodes.

Comment

I'm glad your manager backed you up. I hate when SC's think that when you work somewhere you must know EVERYTHING about that place/products/prices,etc.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

My managers are good to me like that.

The customer is lucky I went over there at all, really. I wasn't expected to and the bakery WAS closed, after all.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
            My managers are good to me like that.

The customer is lucky I went over there at all, really. I wasn't expected to and the bakery WAS closed, after all.

See - that's where the old cliche "No good deed goes unpunished" rears it's ugly head and LAUGHS at you, maniacally.

If you had just been a lazy slacker and stayed put, you wouldn't have had to deal with the ass-monkey.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
              G: "Is there a manager around? I want to make a complaint, and it's your choice--written or verbal."
              This is probably the line that pissed me off the most. This guy has no room to be condenscending and arrogant in a bakery, for crying out loud. As if a written complaint will get you fired or something, and he's being generous by only making a verbal complaint.

Here's his chocolate decadence!
              "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

God, I hate when someone decides I know everything about everywhere in the store. This morning some guy said to me "So there's no-one in the deli, then?" Um, I don't know, I'm a freaking cashier, and the store's been open 10 minutes. Ass.
                The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth Sylvia727 View Post
                  Here's his chocolate decadence!
                  Would that be chocolate deckadence?

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                  X