Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work for the same company as heather, and OMG! there should be a few more things required at the DMV before you can get your licence.

Do you guys get keys out of.....trees?

I dropped my car keys in the toilet, will you reimburse me for a plumber?

My battery died and I'm stuck inside my own vehicle.

Keys locked inside the car with the engine running and a baby inside.

Keys locked in the vehicle with engine running while blocking traffic.

I'm somewhere on I-80 between Omaha and Des Moines (250 miles of interstate, and he was pissed when he had to wait 45 min for them to arrive)

then there's the ones that think a jumpstart is a defibrillator for cars
    "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
      Was it a Cavalier? We've had 4 or 5 over the years and while we think they are good, dependable cars...the gas gauges all seemed a little off. So much so that we learned to use the trip meter instead of the gas gauge.

For the record...I know exactally how far I can go on reserve. That would be from Young's Farm to the base of our driveway
      For the record, no, it was a Dodge Shadow. My second and last Dodge, for various reasons, but not this one. See, this situation was a PEBCASW situation. Problem Existed Between Chair and Steering Wheel. My gauge worked just fine, and I KNEW just how far below E I could go. Except...I was wrong. Three times.

Amusingly, now that I drive Chevy's, my current one (not a Cavalier) came with a broken fuel gauge. Only I didn't know it when I purchased it, and it was a As Is deal. Even the salesman had no idea. He was amazed that the lady who traded it in did so with a full tank of gas. After I had driven in town for well over 100 miles, I realized that the tank wasn't full...the gauge just always reads F! So now I live on my trip odometer, which made life very interesting on my recent vacation. 9 days, 3600 miles. And not once did I run out of gas. I got stuck in a ditch trying to make a U-turn, but...I never ran out of gas!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Damn! 150 bucks just to put gas in the tank! What's with automotive service costs flying through the roof like health care! What did the garage charge for the gas? Twenty bucks a gallon? I also see some place are charging as much as 40 dollars for a freakin oil change! A hundred bucks to flush your radiator or change your transmission fluid! It's ridiculous. Might as well since hospitals have been known to charge 40 bucks for an Ace Bandage! I remember a couple years ago this one garage wanted a thousand bucks just to replace the fuel injector on my van. Me and my wife's stepdad did it ourselves and I only paid $450 in parts and that was it.

Geez no wonder CEO pay is at an all-time high.
        Last edited by ditchdj; 09-02-2006, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
          Damn! 150 bucks just to put gas in the tank! What's with automotive service costs flying through the roof like health care! What did the garage charge for the gas? Twenty bucks a gallon?
          You might want to reread the original post. It was not $150 for the gas...it was $80 for the tow to the shop, and then $70 for the shop's diagnostic test, and then they realized that the vehicle was just out of gas, so they added a few bucks worth, and it started right up. Hence, $150 for some gas, as it were....but that is not at all what the gas actually cost. Just what it cost that driver.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
          X