This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Joy of Chick Fil A Milkshakes

OK so CFA just got the best quickservice (err fast food) shakes, hand spun (strawberry, choc, or oreos mixed in) this doesn't cause sucky customers just inpatient ones. We only have one shake machine and there is really only room for one person to make shakes for the dining room and drive thru

Here are the cases I can remember so far, i'll edit others
    case #1
    a couple orders a milkshake, they wait about 4 maybe 5 minutes then ask me in the sc tone of voice "where's our milkshake" I say they are coming but that isn't good enough, they grab a manager and complain, this manager then goes and makes thier shakes while people who have been waiting longer, wait EVEN longer. Well then they tell my GM that the manager was nice enough to stop what he was doing to make their shakes, making me look like an idiot, because I didn't do anything to expedite their shake any faster.

case #2
    Women orders a shake, waits less than 5 minutes, (maybe it was 6) then asks for a refund, I say its coming right up, she still wants a refund, I say by the time I give you a refund you'll have the shake yadda yadda, but no she wants the refund. The shake comes about 10 seconds later, I haven't refunded her money and just give her a look (take the damn shake lady) and she takes the shake and here's the kicker, she sits down in the dining room to eat. Its not like she absolutely had to be somewhere, I mean she could have told me she was going to sit down and I could have brought it to her.

I actually can't wait to try one! CFA is one of my favorite places and the one by my house is awesome! Best fast food folk anywhere! Any one I go in is always clean and quick. Anyone that knocks CFA needs to go over to McD's and and leave ya'll alone. I love ya'll!

Comment

Quoth dawnmaria
      I actually can't wait to try one! CFA is one of my favorite places and the one by my house is awesome! Best fast food folk anywhere! Any one I go in is always clean and quick. Anyone that knocks CFA needs to go over to McD's and and leave ya'll alone. I love ya'll!
      Go to CFA during a non busy time, go inside if you can, although in most cases drive thru will take priority in shakes (gotta move em out) anyways I apologize ahead of time if its busy and you have to wait. I hope some customers think they are actually worth the wait so they aren't completely unhappy with the service.

Anyways here's the interesting thing, I guess they figured people weren't buying enough shakes (not a prob anymore) or maybe it was some "grand" idea by The Cathy's. But they told us to start asking if people would like a milkshake with their combo for $1.70 more and also for every shake we sold we would be given .25 giving us all incentive to sell shakes. So we are selling shakes faster than they can be made and people are getting a bit impatient, and I don't know how good of a business decision that actually was because the other day I sold 45, 33 yesterday, and about 20 3 other days. 78+60=138. 138*.25+34.5 ok at the end of the month they are paying me an extra 140 dollars to inconvience our guests.

Comment

Anyone that knocks CFA needs to go over to McD's and and leave ya'll alone. I love ya'll!
        Please don't send any more impatient, rude people here. We have quite enough already, thank you. Let's see... I don't recall any CS members working for Jack-in-the-Box, send them there instead
        Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

i love CFA! we got one near my house in california just last year. the drive through is awesome. they gave me a free lemon pie for waiting so long once.

i can't wait to try one of the shakes.

Comment

Quoth nicegirl
            i love CFA! we got one near my house in california just last year. the drive through is awesome. they gave me a free lemon pie for waiting so long once.

i can't wait to try one of the shakes.
            Where in CA? Does anyone know if there's one anywhere near Sacramento?
            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette
              Where in CA? Does anyone know if there's one anywhere near Sacramento?
              I just checked their site and searched based on Vacaville, found two, 1 in fairfield and one in roseville.
              My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Update: there's now one on Alta Arden in Sacramento (pretty near Howe). I think I have a new favorite fast-food place.
                "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I have tried the shakes, and can state they are the single best fast-food shakes I've ever had. Big thumbs up to the CFA near my apartment.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I had a coupon for a free CFA shake. I wish it was a coupon for a free large order of waffle fries. Damn, those things are good.
                    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

One of the amusing things about living on a small tourist destination tropical island is our lack of most fast food chains, or chain restaurants in general, for that matter. We have no Jack in the Boxes, no Chick Fil-A’s, no Arby’s, no Sonics, no In-n-Outs, no Rally’s, no Whataburgers, no Weinerschnitzels, no Del Tacos, Hardee’s, no Carl’s Jr.’s (do they even exist anymore?), no Quizno’s, no Blimpie’s, no Hooter’s, no Planet Hollywoods, no Perkins’, no Bob’s Big Boy, no Steak & Shakes, no Applebee’s, no Bennigan’s, no Chili’s, no Shoneys….you get the idea.

All we have down here is Subway (2), Denny’s (2), Burger King, McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Checker’s, IHOP, Waffle House, TGI Friday’s, Hard Rock Café, Outback, and Fat Tuesday. Frankly, I think that is way too much, myself, but hey, the masses with no taste have to eat somewhere, right?

(No, I am not bashing all of these places, as many of them I do like….but when you are on a tropical island paradise known for its fresh seafood and plethora of wonderful restaurants, why the hell would you go to a freakin’ place they have back where you live?)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        One of the amusing things about living on a small tourist destination tropical island is our lack of most fast food chains, or chain restaurants in general, for that matter. We have no Jack in the Boxes, no Chick Fil-A’s, no Arby’s, no Sonics, no In-n-Outs, no Rally’s, no Whataburgers, no Weinerschnitzels, no Del Tacos, Hardee’s, no Carl’s Jr.’s (do they even exist anymore?),
                        Unfortunately, yes. IIRC, the food's OK, but their ads are so completely obnoxious that I refuse to eat there (and this was before Paris Hilton's spokesbimbo stint).

Comment

Back at Fatburger, we had shakes, only three flavors (choc, van and straw) in two sizes. I just loved it whenever someone came up and asked for a "chocolate-banana shake" or some other flavor we don't have.....people need to learn to read....idiots

Comment

Pardon my french, but CFA cookies n' creme shake = the f*cking win.

Comment

Working...
                            X