This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "This stuff is crap!" - stupid SC

I was working in tools again and this older gentleman comes up with a lawn mower blade for one of those big tractor type mowers. Right off the bat, I know he's going to have some sob story about the blade...the blade is severely bent on one end and the guy must have hit something with the blade. So, my countertops are metal and the blade is metal too...well, the SC slams the blade down and I jump back because the loud clanking sound scared the heck outta me.

"This stuff is crap!" he says.

It was then that I recognized the man. This isn't the first time he's come in with a lawn mower blade bent in such a fashion. Oh joy. I remember him being very difficult and rude the last time too.

SC: "Gimme a new blade now!"

There was a manager near by that had had some experience with this customer and she goes, "Hold on, let me get the department lead," and she hurries off.

So, now I'm stuck with a crazy old man wielding a lawn mower blade.

SC: I can't believe it! My lawn mower must be broken, 'cause I don't know why these blades keep doing this. You are gunna have to give me a new lawn mower!

During his rant, he had taken up the blade and was gesturing with it and waving it around.

Me: er...The manager will be right out.

SC: What's that lady gonna do for me? She better give me a new blade!

Me: I don't know what's she is going to do.

A hardline merch person wanders over and points out the big knick in the lawn mower blade. "Sir, it's not the lawn mower, you are hitting something that's causing it to do this."

SC: No I'm not! You guys obviously have a bad batch of lawn mower blades or something. This is the fourth time I've had to return a blade!

Hardline merch: We don't have a bad batch. You are the only one coming back with problems. It's not the blade or the mower...you are hitting something!

SC: I am not! Don't you say something like that.

Hardline merch gives up and leaves...so I'm alone with crazy old man again. The manager seems to be taking his time to get up to the cash wrap and the old guy is throwing a fit. Stomping his feet, cursing under his breathe, and other customers are staring at him strangely, especially when the SC would randomly yell out, "This stuff is crap! This stuff sucks bad! Gosh dangit!"

Tools manager to the rescue! He comes up and starts talking to the SC and I hear bits and pieces of the conversation, mostly the SC's side...: "I don't think so! You better give me a discount then!"

Tools manager refused to give him a new free lawn mower blade...instead, he gave the SC 10% off. SC seems satisfied with that. Tools manager then asks, "Sir, what are you trying to cut?"

"A tree stump."

Now see, I am basically lawn mower stupid, but I seriously don't think that a lawn mower can tackle a tree stump. No wonder the blade was bent in such a way! I thought it was very funny that the SC kept trying to blame his situation on everything but a user error. Lawn mower blades and tree stumps don't mix! (Someone correct me if I am wrong, please. )

What was that guy thinking using the lawn mower to cut a tree stump? You're supposed to use a saw.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Comment

He really said "Gosh dangit"? Wow!

Rapscallion

Comment

What a f****** idiot!! Get in the pros with a stump grinder!!
        "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

I can now imagine perfectly what that blade must have looked like, accidentaly messed one up once by hitting chunk of rebar that had been left in the ground as a surveyors mark, if blades weren't meant for cutting tree stumps, they definately don't cut 1/2'' diamater steel
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post
            What was that guy thinking using the lawn mower to cut a tree stump? You're supposed to use a saw.
            No, no no no no! You are supposed to use dynamite!
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

there is a chemical or biological additive that is supposed to speed the decay of tree stumps, i have no idea what it's called but surely it works better than a flipping lawn mower
              DILLIGAF

Comment

There are any number of ways to remove a tree stump, but non of them involve a lawnmower.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                  No, no no no no! You are supposed to use dynamite!
                  Isn't that dangerous? The dynamite might get rid of the stump but what about the stuff that's near the stump?
                  My Fanfic Page
                  My Fiction Page
                  My Social Group
                  My Pet Social Group
                  My You Tube Channel

Comment

"Lawn"mower.

"Stump"mower.

Nope, never heard of that second one.

Comment

Quoth laughingfuzzball View Post
                      There are any number of ways to remove a tree stump, but non of them involve a lawnmower.
                      I dunno. Riding mower + Mac Truck engine + diamond-edged, titanium blades = Fun. Or just use the mower as a way to get the dynamite in place while staying out of the blast radius.
                      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Rine View Post
                        "I don't think so! You better give me a discount then!"

Tools manager refused to give him a new free lawn mower blade...instead, he gave the SC 10% off. SC seems satisfied with that. Tools manager then asks, "Sir, what are you trying to cut?"

"A tree stump."
                        If your profit margin on blades is more than 10%, I say let him keep doing that (or you could raise the price by 11%, then give him his 10% discount every time he comes in). He might buy hundreds of blades before he finishes the stump or gives up. That's a nice tidy profit for you guys.
                        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Isn't that dangerous? The dynamite might get rid of the stump but what about the stuff that's near the stump?
                          You mean like....the SC? If it gets rid of him, I would think that would be several points in favor of using said dynamite.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Now now now, let's be fair. Maybe it was a baby tree.

OK. That's done.

I don't want to know how his mind works on a daily basis, if the thinks he can use a lawnmower on a tree stump...
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Actually, professionals use dynamite to remove old growth tree stumps in fields. I don't know the specific process, but basically, you drill into the stump, put the stick in the hole, cap it, get WAY far away, blow it, and then you have nice chunks to pick up rather than a veritable boulder to haul out of the ground.
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                              X