Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay...I once ran over a chunk of CONCRETE with the mower and it barely bent the blade (enough that it wasn't usuable, but not in half or anything). What the hell is he doing to that tree stump? Is it a PETRIFIED tree stump? Damn, man.
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post
      Isn't that dangerous? The dynamite might get rid of the stump but what about the stuff that's near the stump?
      That's why you have to use the right amount. A black powder bomb is a little easier to make and detonate from a safe distance. Just use small charges. You may have to "blow" the stump 10 times to get it out, but by gosh it's fun as long as you don't let an idiot try and help you.
      "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

When we lived out in the foothills, my dad had to blow a stump out. It was a huge tree about 40 feet from our house, that the previous owner had cut down, but never removed the stump.

He tried everything, then a friend who had worked professionally in demolition came out and blew it loose.

Pretty darn cool!
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

My grandfather used dynamite when he cleared stumps from a field. Unfortunately, one of the charges didn't go off and he went over to see what happened. Just as he leaned over, the dynamite went off... right in his face. He lost most of his hearing and one of his eyes. Plastic surgery was able to get most of the gunpowder residue out of his face, but he still had blue "freckles" for the rest of his life. Luckily, he was able to follow his dog's barks to my great-grandma's house and get help.

So dynamite is effective, but be very careful with it!

On an interesting side note, my grandfather is why I have a naturally loud voice. I spent my summers and "after-schools" staying with him and you had to almost shout for him to hear you. He had a hearing aid, but forgot to put it in half the time. Half the time he forgot to turn it on. Half the time the battery was dead. Half the time it didn't work properly. So he only heard us 1/16 of the time!

Now that I look back on it, it was a good thing my brother and I never get seriously hurt while staying there. I don't want to think about having to get an ambulance to the boondocks, to a house a mile away from the road, and then trying to explain to my nearly deaf grandparent what was going on.
          A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

This guy gets my nomination for the dumbest person of the year.
            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

...but by gosh it's fun as long as you don't let an idiot try and help you.
              therein lies the problem; this moron will blow himself and anyone unfortunate enough (re: STUPID) to be near him into bits, although, if we could get him to use it alone, it would solve some problems. hmmm....
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Of course if he tries it and fails, and in the process injures himself he could sue the blade manufacturer and the store for not warning him of the dangers of cutting a tree stump with a lawn mower. But still that is one of the stupidest things i have ever heard.

Comment

Working...
                X