Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I've never had anyone rudely ask or just leave biohazards for me to toss (i.e tissues), and we don't have a garbage can in public view. Our counters also has a garbage crate inbuilt, so we can toss things very easily.

Because a lot of customers are just coming in and out without going to other stores in my mall, a lot want us to open/dispose of packaging as well, and we are fine with that providing they know they can't return whatever they've just bought as we've thrown it out as they've asked. We also have to be careful not to presume with things like old, dead batteries that they want to be thrown out.. many a customer has FORCED us to go through our trash for their dead battery that we had just replaced, without giving us a real valid reason apart from "I didn't tell you to throw that in the trash".
    - Boochan

Comment

Quoth FuzzyKitten99 View Post
      People used to do it to me when I worked at McD's in drive thru.
      Me too.
      Worse were the idiotic rednecks who would hold out their spit cups and TELL me to throw it away.
      *shudder*
      "Chaos in the midst of chaos isn't funny, but chaos in the midst of order is." - Steve Martin

Comment

Quoth Bobsentme View Post
        Me too.
        Worse were the idiotic rednecks who would hold out their spit cups and TELL me to throw it away.
        *shudder*
        Bonus points if their spit cup is an empty beer bottle

Yeah, I learned really quickly to refuse any trash...especially since there were two outdoor trashcans in our drive thru...one at the beginning AND one at the end.

In the big box where I'm a cashier now, though, I usually just smile and toss their stuff, since we don't have trash cans sitting out except in the coffee shop & food area, and most of the time the trash is just shopping lists or plates from samples. I'd rather throw away a couple of pieces of trash for the customer in front of me than have the customer in the next checkout lane reach into my personal space to use the trash can under my till.

Comment

Quoth Bobsentme View Post
          Me too.
          *shudder*
          I would be sooooo tempted to say OK then when they hand me it toss the contents at their car and toss the cup/bottle in the trash...

Comment

At the candy store I work at, people open their candies and try to hand me the wrappers constantly. Luckily for me, the counter has a scale on it, so they have to engage me to put it in my hand.

C: Can you throw this away for me?
            Me: The trash cans are right outside the door. *points*

We're a small shop and have two entrances. The mall has been kind enough to put a big trashcan outside each one for our customers. So I can say this no matter where in the store I am.

It also helps point them in the right direction.

Comment

This bugged me so much when I worked the Drive Thru at a restaurant. People would try to hand me their empty soda cans, cups etc. Our company had a policy that we were not allowed to "accept refuse at the window". Seriously...do you really want someone serving you food that takes someone else's spit laden drinkware? That to me is really unsanitary.

Comment

Where I work, we can put paper debris and stuff like that in our bins, but not food or drink debris cuz of sanitary procedures... certainly not bodily fluids. I just point people in the direction of the bins when they try to do the last two, and cite Health and Safety if they ask why I can't take their chicken bones or used tissues.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                X