This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
    Yes, which led to the wonderful invention of "Lite" rather than "light" *shudder* Colour me nauseated
    Oh, no, I won't accept that one, either. And I only use "thru" when talking about a "drive thru," otherwise, it's "through." Same for "though," which I refuse to write as "tho."

Even though, when you compare it to words like cough and such, the spelling and pronunciation make no sense.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth princess4life View Post
      You should try living in Utah we have our own way of pronouncing words <snip>
      And I was 18 before I found out that 'pin' & 'pen' are not homophones. The class was History of the English Language & the professor was Irish by birth.

I had wondered (back in 3rd grade) why we didn't cover certain words in the homophone section of the Reading class. Turns out, to the rest of the English-speaking world, they aren't homophones.

We won't talk about what happens when I've watched too much BBC. It's ugly. *shudder*
      I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Working...
      X