Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The store I worked at sold quite a few bathing suits, and the bikinis were always sets. I don't want to count the hours I spent trying to fix mismatched bikinis, since customers would just switch and take them to the counter, and the cashiers wouldn't always double check.

Since I have a hard time finding any kind of cute bathing suit in my size, I just couldn't sympathize with teeny tinies needing xs top with a s bottom. (The same ones who would throw fits over there not being enough size 0 jeans. grrrrr.)
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I like the non-set style.

What I dont like is when each bikini 'part' is the same price as say, a one-peice or a TWO PEICE (basically, instead of a 20 dollar bikini, you have to pay 20 dollars for each peice EACH).

Luckily I only buy one peices.
      Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

I guess I'm in the minority that can see the suck.

I know a couple of people who have two differently-sized feet. These people have to special-order their shoes or buy two pair of the same shoe.

Why would you even ask if you could take half of one and half of the other, therefore making the remaining set unsaleable? I don't care if it's on sale or not, it should just be common sense that you can't do that.

The only thing NOT sucky was that she acknowledged her suck a bit, but then she walked out and left them on the counter, so that put her right back into SC-land for me.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Peppergirl, your analogy is not accurate for the very simple reason that many many MANY stores sell bikini parts as separates, and virtually no shoe store does the equivalent thing with their shoes.

If the woman had bitched and moaned? Suckage.

She asked a question, didn't get a satisfactory answer, and muttered a bit to herself. Hardly suckage, ESPECIALLY considering the insane crap we see and report on this site!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

And I stand corrected. My bikini days ended many years ago, so I had no idea it was a common practice.

Thanks for the info, yo!
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
              Women on the board: how many of you wear the same size up top as you do on the bottom?
              I do. I have to buy two pieces so that I don't leave feeling like a mutant. I take a Large top and a Large bottom, but take a Medium at the waist. One pieces look horribly stretched out on my middle. Like I'm wearing a maternity suit without the maternity to fill it.

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
                I do. I have to buy two pieces so that I don't leave feeling like a mutant. I take a Large top and a Large bottom, but take a Medium at the waist. One pieces look horribly stretched out on my middle. Like I'm wearing a maternity suit without the maternity to fill it.
                That's me, too. When I was younger, I never wore one piece suits because they'd have this huge pouch of emptiness at my back. When diving into water, they'd turn into scoops. I have a one piece now, however, that has a completely different fit, and it doesn't do any of that blousy stuff anywhere.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I don't think it's exactly *suck* that's being related in the story, but just that someone expected a store to break merchandise that is bundled, rather than sold seperately.

Here's an (geeky) analogy: You can usually buy consoles seperate from games and accessories. That's the standard in most stores. Occassionally, they sell specific bundles which include different games, accessories, and trinkets.

Now imagine there's a store that only sells consoles in bundles. Someone wants one game from the game bundle, but they also want the extra controller from the party bundle, so they ask if they can swap a game for a controller. They have the same sticker price on each bundle, and the items (when sold in a different store seperately) have the same cost. They can't do that because that's not how this store works. Yes, other ones do that, but *this* store sells them as a set, and so can't do that.

And all that is a long-winded, windy way of saying it may not be sucky, but it probably gets annoying if it happens.
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I am not a bikini person.

However...when stores sell bra/panties sets... 38D/DD bra with size 10 panties. I don't think so. I can wear a smaller size, thank you very much.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                    X