• Show
Clear All

• oh so many idiots

idiot of the year

guy calls into the hotel, and we had the following conversation

me-
    sc-

sc- i'd like to stay on (dates).
    me- and how many will be staying in the room?
    sc- just one.
    me- and it looks like all I have available would be nonsmoking, will that work for you?
    sc- yes, non smoking is preferred.
    me- ok, so I still have a king bed non smoking on the executive level available that has (sales spiel) and is the rate of 419 per night (this was new york city, so that actually isn't that bad for an executive room)
    sc- wait, what do you mean by rate?
    me- that's the price of the room.
    sc- you mean I have to pay for it?
    me-

umm, no you don't have to pay for it, all of the employees here are volunteers, the land owner just lets us use the land, the utility company likes us so much that they give us free power and the government likes us enough not to charge taxes... what they hell do you think idiot... here's your sign

the small print is optional

sc- I have a coupon for a room with a king bed for $99 plus tax, can I use that on (date)
    me- I'm sorry, on that day I no longer have rooms with a king bed available and I wouldn't be able to use the coupon on other room types.
    sc- why not?
    me- umm, because it's a coupon for rooms with a king bed...

yes, the small print that says all other rooms will be at full price apparently doesn't apply for you... umm, nope not how it works.

i'm confused
    sc- I need a place to stay before my flight to europe
    me- ok well I have a room available for that night, and with your AAA discount that will be $94.50
    sc- oh that's too much *click*

umm, wait a second, first, you are calling a hotel close to the newark airport... that is the cheapest rate you will find within 100 miles of new york city that has an airport shuttle... oh, and how can you afford a transatlantic flight and 2 weeks in europe if you can't afford less than $100 for the night before your trip?

and this is my fault how?

this could go under cursing out coworkers sense it was a hotel employee who called, but they were calling us as a customer of our service (i don't know if that made sense... they weren't calling as a coworker from hotel to central, they were calling as a representative of the hotel to macro reservations)
    Now this is sucky to begin with because the hotels are NEVER to call the agents with problems, they are to call the single point of contact.
    The suckier part... it was a manager, they were upset because we kept booking a package that they discontinued, which on the surface doesn't sound like a sucky complaint... if they had followed the correct procedure to discontinue the package... they never removed the package from their rate list, they never posted a message on their internal web page telling us that it was no longer available... and my personal favorite, it was still listed on their external website.

Now here is where the real suck comes in... the entire reason hotels contract with our department is to maximize revenue, and one way we do this is by qualifying guests on why they are traveling to the area and selling them the appropriate package... so if you don't want to sell packages the only way to keep us from selling it is to remove it from your rate list, because packages my dear friends are what we specialize in.

in honor of GK
    my cat, Hades
    Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 03-09-2008, 06:03 AM.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

OMG Your cat Hades looks just like my cat Saten. And they're both rulers of their own respective underworlds. I swear, if it weren't for the fact I'm looking at my cat, that he ran away to your house.
    Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

Quoth RedRoseSpiral View Post
      OMG Your cat Hades looks just like my cat Saten. And they're both rulers of their own respective underworlds. I swear, if it weren't for the fact I'm looking at my cat, that he ran away to your house.
      yeah, and my cats wife, Persephone lives 500 miles away with my mother... looks exactly the same except with a shorter face... and female...

Comment

Good lord. Was this all in one day?
        MySpace

Comment

Quoth KnitShoni View Post
          Good lord. Was this all in one day?
          yes, sadly it was (except the picture... I took that about a week ago)

Comment

Quoth RedRoseSpiral View Post
            And also looks like my cat, Fenris! Wait, I'm sensing a theme...

Except my kitty never quite looks so disgusted with the world. What in the world did you do to him?
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              umm, wait a second, first, you are calling a hotel close to the newark airport... that is the cheapest rate you will find within 100 miles of new york city that has an airport shuttle...
              Technically untrue I found a room at the "lovely" Carlton Inn in Union, NJ for $58 that had a shuttle to Newark airport. (wouldn't recommend that anyone stay there though....)
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

kinda looks like my MIL's cat Shadow.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

And like my cat, Shinobi.
                  The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post

Except my kitty never quite looks so disgusted with the world. What in the world did you do to him?
                    I had the nerve to trim his claws... and he was disgusted with the world because he could no longer climb up my roommates speakers

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                    Technically untrue I found a room at the "lovely" Carlton Inn in Union, NJ for $58 that had a shuttle to Newark airport. (wouldn't recommend that anyone stay there though....)
                    ok, so maybe I should have phrased that at no hotel that you would actually want to stay at for less than $100...

Comment

How big is he? He looks like a healthy-sized kitty.
                      The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

And like my cat, Mars

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                          Heh... all these black kitties with such impressive names. I had a black kitty of the same facial features (although he was a rescued kitten that was lucky to survive, so a bit on the runty side), and he breaks the trend.

His name was Dirk 'the Daring' Gently.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Looks sort of like my cat Boo too. All these people with black cats, awesome!

Comment

Kind of looks like my cat - except my cat is orange -

Actually, my other cat could be your cats ghost - he's gray!!!

Sorry, not so funny, but I'm so bored at work today, I must amuse myself somehow!
                              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X