Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My last employer was a truck bed company. We had forklifts that looked like normal, everyday forklifts that were capable of picking up a car, and more. They had to... they were moving service beds around. Those aren't light.

Comment

I've actually seen this happen once before, though it was to a contractor's car on an industrial site, because he'd accidentally parked in the manager's spot. The manager who took it into his head to do the forklift stunt was both fired and made to pay for the repairs to the car.

Comment

You'd be amazed what you can move with a forklift. At a factory I worked in, it wasn't common, but it wasn't unknown to gather up as many guys as you could to hang onto the back of the forklift as a counter weight for something that needed to be moved in or out of a truck.
        Seph
        Taur10
        "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Shenanigans or not ... love the story.
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

it can be done and the forklift in the video is a small piece of crap compared to the forklifts used at the home improvement warehouse I work at...

Comment

Quoth StevieJD View Post
              I also noticed the driver fo the forklift was not exactly moving at normal forklift speeds .... I bet his rear (steering) wheels were getting light.
              Oh, yeah, they were. You can actually see it rock slightly as he's first lifting the car.

But it's still a small POS forklift. The stuff we have at my work are similar, but our remote warehouse (other side of the country... much cheaper rent... so much cheaper, we bought land and are building our own facility) just bought a much more robust 'lift that could, with the right forks, lift a full-size sedan.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

This should do it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/52-000-Lb-CATERP...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Yeah, that would DEFINITELY do it.

Great story there!
                  Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
                  --Unknown

Comment

At the UPS Hub

where I worked to put myself throught college, there was a massive strike of the Teamster's Union. During said strike there were several instances of union members hiding the vehicles of those who crossed the picket line in brown trucks or semi trailers. They just picked them ub with the fork lifts and shoved them in. Granted these were small cars and light pickups like a Ranger or and S10, but still.

Luck for me I was safe. I took public transportation to work.

Comment

I was going to say "just have it towed..."

But that is WAY better!
                      "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
                      "Red."
                      "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
                      "RED!"
                      "..."

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                        Although I'm sure others will be along soon to say they went overboard.
                        While it gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing the lady got swift retribution (I know it did me!)... it WAS a little overboard. Calling the cops and having her towed would have been a better resolution.

Comment

hey its better than an "accident" as they parked in a forklift zone

Comment

There are several heavy duty forks on the market that a store like Lowe's or Home Depot would likely have around for moving lumber and large merch that could move a car easily. There is also special attachments that can be mounted on a fork made especially for lifting from above rather than the normal carry. I've seen guys who really know their forks sling strapping properly in just a couple of minutes so that they could move fragile, oddly-shaped items safely. I'm willing to put this firmly in the plausable category.
                            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                            X