This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The PDA police

This counts as both Sucky Customers and Sightings, but I felt like posting it here since I see it more at work. Especially now since I've been hibernating until the thaw.

I'm all for nice, cute, public displays of affection, but it grosses me out when people find it necessary to suck on one another's faces while in line.

An example from the other day:
    Two couples around my relative age came through my line and while one couple is paying, the other take this time to jam their tongues down each other's throats.
    I didn't notice at first, but as soon as I turned around I know I gave them the cat-butt-face, and they deserved it.
    This was not a tiny peck, it was full on groping and making out.
    Gross.

The guy from the other couple says to me, "Can you believe they just met here in the store?"
    Ha... ha... now can you please usher your disgusting friends out of my face? Thaaaaaanks.

Its worse when you know their married...to other people! When I worked at a video store this couple was hot and heavy all through the isles. When they checked out turns out he had a late fee. So he gets all bent out of shape tells us to hold on and then makes a phone call....to his wife! Then starts to curse her out for making late fees. (In our store you needed to be a spouse to rent under a persons membership) After he hangs up he kisses the girl hes with pays then leaves. We all stood there mouths hanging open except the suprvisor. Shes all of 5 feet tall 85lbs she was ready to come across the counter to beat him up for disrespecting his wife.

Comment

I think I would have made an phone call from a pay phone. I'm sure his wife would love to know he's cheating on her.

Comment

I hated it while I waited tables at a 24-hour "hip" place and some drunk couple would decide that they simply HAD to express their animal lust for each other at the table. The number of lumpy, unattractive, gross bodies we witnessed writhing against each other was unbelievable. Often there also were moans, vulgar mutterings, shrieks, and other "climax" noises that accompanied this display.
        "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
        .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
          I hated it while I waited tables at a 24-hour "hip" place and some drunk couple would decide that they simply HAD to express their animal lust for each other at the table.
          They did one of those Primetime "What would you do" hidden-camera shows a while back where they staged one of these scenarios to see how other people would react to a couple making out in a restaurant. They had the woman sitting on the guy's lap and everything. Then they threw in the twist of having the guy answer a cell-phone call from his "wife"
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

my god, who picks up someone at a store anyways?? i mean, i just... i don't get it
            it's one thing to get someone's number, i guess
            but groping on the way outta the store....
            either slutty or desperate
            sex is like pizza. Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good. - Kusanagi

Comment

I think the most PDA TTO and I do is give each other a peck in public. Sure, we'll cuddle and hold hands, but it's All Ages.

What squicks me out, is when I'm walking around the mall and I see 11 and 12 year olds up against the wall, making out like their lives depend on it.
              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth loveisuneven View Post
                my god, who picks up someone at a store anyways?? i mean, i just... i don't get it
                it's one thing to get someone's number, i guess
                but groping on the way outta the store....
                either slutty or desperate
                In this one town I lived in Wallyworld was called (no lie) club walmart. I used to walk in there in my PJ's and get looked at like I was crazy because thats where the action was. People would dress up and troll for partners. Yes it was a small town!

Comment

Frankly, I couldn't care less about some guy out with his girlfriend and cheating on his wife. Their lives, their problems, thankfully not mine. I'm happy to leave it that way.
                  "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Friend of mine worked a stint as a park ranger intern (all the 'fun' none of the pay). She said one of her more interesting duties was 'Scuse me, folks. This is a public area with kids around. We'd all appreciate it if you would take that elsewhere. Thanks.' [thinking *get a room, already*]

Come to think of it, when a bunch of us went to a theme park holiday/vacation thing & two of them were constantly sucky-face, one of us said, 'guys, this an area with kids. Get a room. Oh wait, you have one. Use it.'
                    Last edited by TryNotToBeThatOne; 03-20-2008, 05:23 PM. Reason: additional
                    I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

I do believe marasbaras summed it up rather nicely.

Comment

I personally hate public displays of affection, 'cause y'know not all of us have someone and aren't happy that we don't (It's bad enough having one day a year devoted to couples, I don't want to see that rubbish everytime I go outside)
                        I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

I think it's disgusting as well. Couples holding hands or the guy with his arm around the girl is cute and perfectly fine, and a peck on the head or cheek is ok as well....I just don't understand why people have to do it in public. I don't see why they can't wait to play tonsil hockey until they at least get into the car or better yet, HOME!

There have been times in the McDonalds drive thru I've been behind a couple making out and they wouldn't MOVE....rrrrr...
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Ya know, I don't even think I pulled that crap as a teenager, so I have even LESS patience when I see grown adults doing it.

I think even as a teenager, I realized there was a time and place for stuff like that.

I've made threats to my teenagers that I better not catch them or hear of them PDA-ing. All I can do is hope I've raised them right.
                            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                            X