This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
    What is so freaking hard about showing ID? & how come so many people react like spoiled brats when they're asked to show ID? All it takes is just a few seconds!
    Who knows. I have people leave my store when personal details are asked for occasionally.
    - Boochan

Comment

We had two registers open at customer service, at either end of the counter. Both of us had lines. There were two closed registers in the middle of the counter. A lady ignored the lines, when to an empty register, and just waited. A guy (maybe her husband) was awesome and started talking to her.

Guy: You should get into a line if you want someone to help you.
      Lady: What?
      Guy: There is a line there *points* and there *points*. Pick one and get in it.
      Lady: But I'm at a register right here!
      Guy: But there's no one working at that one. You have to go to one where there's a person.

The lady got into the other line (yay!) and I would have run around the counter and high fived the guy if it hadn't been so busy. Usually when people do that, I keep helping the line and hope the customer notices and gets in line. Or I will be like, "I can help you over here!" and put on my fake cheerful smile.

Comment

That's a special kind of self-centeredness right there, thinking that the line does not pertain to you, and that someone will immediately flock to an empty CLOSED register to help them immediately.

Either that, or they believe that the invisible cashier is on shift, and will begin serving them shortly - making them the winnar for being "smart" enough to realize and "skip" the line.
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

That's EXACTLY what happened at my work. This lady emptied her handbasket on an empty register for about five minutes before one of the cashiers pointed out to her that nobody was attending that register, and asked her to go to either her register, or mine. Since I already had another customer approaching my line, I directed her to the aforementioned cashier's register.

A minute later, the cashier approaches me:

C: Cashier/coworker
          M: I'll give you two guesses

C: "Thanks for directing that lady to my register."
          M: "Uh, why, was she a piece of work? (I would have said 'bitch' instead, but costumers were nearby)"
          C: "Oh yeah. She didn't say 'thank you' or 'goodbye' or anything like that. She just rambled and rattled off her information."
          M: "Sorry, but I didn't know she was gonna be like that"

My coworker wasn't angry with me. If anything, she was amused by this lady.

Now, I can understand standing at an empty register just so that you don't have to wait in line (classic SC behavior), but we had three registers open, and none of them had long lines (two people per line, at most). In her attempt at getting served quicker the SC way, she actually made herself wait about 3-5 times longer than she would have had she gone to another register, not to mention that she had the nerve to be nasty as well.

Seriously, are people this stupid?

Comment

Working...
          X