Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No matter how angry you look, I refuse to say thanks for that!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No matter how angry you look, I refuse to say thanks for that!

So customer came in, brought some stuff up and I ring him up. He then hands me some garbage to throw away, I say sure since it was just a candy wrapper, and toss it away. Then the dude is glaring at me. I blink, I remembered to give him his change, he has his stuff in the bag, recepit in hand, so why is he glaring at me?

me: Um, what's up man? I got a line, so can I help ya or what? (so I talk a little informal, its a convience store bros XD)

SC: Well!? Aren't you forgeting something??!

I blink, reply in head: "Uh, don't think so dude. What I forget?

The dude's face gets BLOOD RED, and he slams his soda on the counter. "YOU FUKING FOGOT TO SAY THANK YOU!!!"

I blink, staring at this guy who now looks like a pissed off bull. So I cave.
    "Thanks for shopping at Plaid Pantry??" (I admit, I did it in the from of a question, but I was confused and other customers were backing off)

The SC takes a huge breath, and is holding his nose with both hands, breathing in and out. He then slams his hands down and glares at me.

"I gave you my garbage, and ask you nicely to throw it out. What do reply to people who say please?

I blink. My brian shut down. And I burst out laughing. "I' am NOT going to say thanks for taking your garbage!!: the sc got really mad and knocked over a display case, claiming the people here have no morals.

Never had anything like that happened. o feel bad for laughing at him, but i refuse to say thanks when taking garbage. I will happily say thanks fot shopping at Plaid. Jebsus people are strange. Any strange customers with strange requests?
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

How dare you, the Lowly Peon, refuse to thank His Highness for his royal gift of garbage?! You should throw yourself to the ground and kiss his muck-encrusted royal shoes, immediately!

[/sarcasm]

He's an entitlement-minded dickweed with an ego the size of the sun. I just hope he didn't do too much damage to the display he knocked over.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

WOW! I'm stunned, purely stunned.
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Holy crap! That's just unreal.

He expected you to thank him for his garbage? Because he said "please?"

Now that he's knocked over a display, you have justification for banning him, as in "PLEASE don't even think about coming back to this store or I will be PLEASED to call the police. Now where is MY 'thank you?'"
        Last edited by Dips; 09-01-2006, 03:40 PM.
        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
          "YOU FUKING FOGOT TO SAY THANK YOU!!!"
          I'll only say that at your funeral! [/smartass]

What a jerk.
          Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Lady: "Could you please throw away my garbage for me?"
            Me: "Sure, no problem." *does so*
            Lady: "Thank you!"
            Me: "Welcome."

...did he just miss his cue or what? Is it like that scene in Harry Potter where you can see Hermione mumbling Harry's lines?
            "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
              "I gave you my garbage, and ask you nicely to throw it out. What do reply to people who say please?
              My normal reply to people who say "please" is "ok" or "No problem" or "sure". Ya know something along those lines. After which, it is the person who says "please" that is supposed to say "thank you". After that, I say "you're welcome".

I dunno where this person learned the whole "please...thank you...you're welcome" protocol, but he was taught wrong.

Comment

Well. I guess we now know what the result would be if Monk and Mr. Furious had a baby together.

Comment

I think he was confused. The one who says "Please" usually also says "Thank you."

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
                    Is it like that scene in Harry Potter where you can see Hermione mumbling Harry's lines?
                    Okay, now I have to ask which (Witch, *Giggles*) scene and movie that was.

Comment

no joke; it should have been a 'thanks for getting rid of my trash.'

we now have to thank them for handing us their trash and throwing it away?

yes, thank you for that UNIQUE opportunity; i never get the chance to clean up after anyone-my life's sole ambition.

bite it, buddy.
                      look! it's ghengis khan!
                      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

If you'll excuse me, I have to go collect my thank yous. What an idiot by the way, being treated like a king made his brain explode.
                        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                          yes, thank you for that UNIQUE opportunity; i never get the chance to clean up after anyone-my life's sole ambition.
                          Hey, that's MY life's sole ambition, too!!!!!! We should start a group!!!!!!
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                          X