X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it mine?

a gem from last night:

closing time, two jerks managed to slide in just before time, followed by a family of rude stupid idiots.

this last group orders two drinks and are the last ones in the store; i make them and hand them off, call them out and this happens:

stupid kid: *plods dumbly up to the counter and stares at the drink for a moment, as if time will activate that one brain cell* 'is this mine'

me: *wtf? is it yours? are there ANY OTHER CUSTOMERS HERE?* 'yes, whose else would it be?' (yes, rude as hell, but after these asshats show up AT closing and act like morons, i'm no longer in the mood for further stupidity on their part)

stupid kid: *takes drink and walks away*

me: *trying to control the urge to scream in rage and frustration at the sheer level of stupidity we deal with daily*
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

The title reminded me of the joke where a blond finds out she's pregnant and asked if it's her's. All I have to say is wow on the kid's part. So what else did this family do other than come in late?
    Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

Stupid Kid "Is this mine?"

You " No, it's mine, MINE I TELL YOU" Grab drink and down it, then belch in his face
      I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

Quoth Supermarket Slave Girl View Post
        You " No, it's mine, MINE I TELL YOU" Grab drink and down it, then belch in his face
        Oh, well aren't you a little ray of sunshine and rainbows???

I'm sorry, but I'm over here giggling uncontrollably over this ... excuse me for a moment ... :: puts the bottled water down ::
        This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
          Oh, well aren't you a little ray of sunshine and rainbows???

I'm sorry, but I'm over here giggling uncontrollably over this ... excuse me for a moment ... :: puts the bottled water down ::
          I had the same reaction! Lol my dogs think Im crazy everytime I'm on this site cuz you all make me laugh so hard!

Comment

Quoth RedRoseSpiral View Post
            The title reminded me of the joke where a blond finds out she's pregnant and asked if it's her's. All I have to say is wow on the kid's part. So what else did this family do other than come in late?
            I did ask this as a joke, since my little guy was born with a full head of hair while my oldest two came out bald.
            Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I read the title, and thought of this quote... and giggled even more when I applied it to the story...

Guy walks in, only person in the store... over the PA he hears...
              "Is it safe?"

Uber bonus points to whoever can recognize it... though, it helps that I just watched the movie too.
              Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Quoth ShadedWings View Post
                I read the title, and thought of this quote... and giggled even more when I applied it to the story...

"Is it safe?"

Uber bonus points to whoever can recognize it... though, it helps that I just watched the movie too.
                Clerks cartoon!
                Flood

Comment

Quoth ShadedWings View Post

"Is it safe?"

Clerks cartoon! My roomies downloaded it a while back and I must say that I'm rather disappointed in the ending.

We sometimes stop at the gas stations late at night (usually on the way home to get gas or something) and sometimes ask the clerks that. So far, none of them have gotten it.
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                    I did ask this as a joke, since my little guy was born with a full head of hair while my oldest two came out bald.
                    Heh. The bosslady at work was stopped at the hospital because they didn't think her daughter was hers. She's part native American and has a very dark complexion, but her daughter is pale skinned and has blond hair.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

the rest of them plodded around dumbly, wasting our time with not picking up the drinks and getting out, since we are closed and need to get on with closing tasks.

they were all much like a group of cows being led to the slaughterhouse; quite freaky, really.

i should have done that, but i hate fraps with my heart and soul, but the reaction would be priceless.

i do joke around with our cooler customers like that, because they know i'm joking.
                      look! it's ghengis khan!
                      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                      X