This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    Blinky, you can kind of understand someone doing that, though. Heck, I never got upset when people would come into my one bar and order a latte. I would politely say, "Um, Starbucks is next door." And off they would go, no muss, no fuss.
    Just becuase I laugh at someone doesn't mean I don't understand them a little.

Comment

Quoth Erin View Post
      I've got a seafood allergy, so I always check with the waiter when I order something fried to make sure that fish isnt cooked in the same fryer as everything else. I think most places my parents and I visit have a separate fryer for their fish items...one place told me that they'd been sued when someone got cross contaminated by some shellfish that'd been fried in the same oil they cooked chicken tenders in, so they remodeled their kitchen to add an additional bank of fryers that are only for seafood...and the place wasnt a fine dining restaurant.
      Okay, I may have gone a bit over the top, but when I say this place is not a fine dining restaurant, I mean it is not even in the same zip code. Great place, but honestly, it's a waterfront pub/dive. That being said, I have eaten the fish and the chicken there, and they do NOT taste the same. The fish actually has some taste to it! (Boss, if you're reading this, you know I love the place, but our chicken fingers? No.)

And you have my sympathies on the allergy. I know that must be difficult at times. Just dealing with no caffeine in my diet for the last 16 years has been difficult enough, and that is drinks....I can only imagine how tough it must be to try to order out when you have food allergies.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Okay here's my list from my job at Circuit City....

Doorknobs
        Coffee brewers
        Capachino (sp?) mixers
        Movie posters
        Condoms (I'm not kidding)
        Crack (neither on that)
        Light Bulbs
        Tylenol
        People magazine
        TV Guide
        Mouse traps
        Laserdiscs
        Vinal records
        Nails
        CB Radios (rrriiiiggggghhhhhttttttttttttttt)
        Diapers
        Muffins
        New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
        New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

Quoth Fera Festiva View Post
          When I worked at a bookstore I got asked if we sold pot.
          "oh, always...and here's your introductory plant and grow light!"
          HI, I'M NEW TO ALL OF THIS wave of approval ™©®

Comment

Ice cream. Definitely ice cream.

What made it weird was that I worked in a cookie stand at the mall, complete with neon signs on either side of the thing that proclaimed the name of the store (which included the word cookie), smaller signs that told the price of the cookies and the few other items we sold (which were usually ignored by everyone anyway), and trays of cookies lined up on the counters, easily visible through the glass. There were also the large cookies displayed in little box-like setups in the outer walls of the stand, and the ice cream stand next to us, which had its own neon sign, obvious little ice cream freezers that people could look into to see the flavors, and a giant picture of an ice cream cone on the wall. In addition, the cookie kiosk itself was too small to really hold much other than what was needed to keep stocked with cookies and drinks; there simply wouldn't have been any room to put ice cream.

The real clincher, though? I had just finished bagging the cookies that this particular person had ordered and was quoting her the price when she said she was going to have some ice cream, too.

Comment

It's been a while since I worked in retail, so I can't remember anything weird beyond being asked for a Big Mac in a non-Macdonald's fast food restaurant. However, I recall working in a store and people asking me if we carried a certain item. Fair enough. If we did, I'd lead them to it, if not, I'd let them know politely. Most people were fine with this,some got a little pouty, and some would inform me (in a matter-of-fact-tone) that we should carry that particular product (usually, this was in reference to some unusual, out-of-place item that would eventually be thrown out because nobody else would even think about buying it).
              -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
              -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

I forgot about one of the weirder ones, involving Mr. Clueless. This one proved that SC's don't listen, and will still ask for things that you don't have.

I used to work at an upscale brewpub in downtown Scottsdale, Arizona. (Scottsdale being Arizona's vague equivalent to Beverly Hills....kind of.)

Being a brewpub, we had food, we had a full liquor bar, we had wine, and we had beer....the beer all being that which was brewed on premises. Hence the phrase "brewpub." The only beer we sold that we did not make ourselves was the NA (nonalcoholic) beer--which has nothing to do with The Story of Mr. Clueless.

I approach a table one day, and start getting their drink orders while they peruse the food menu. Mr. Clueless was the last to order.

MC: "Yeah, I'll have a Coors Light."
                ME: "Um...sir? We don't have Coors Light. We are a brewpub."
                MC: "So no Coors Light?"
                ME: "No sir. [proudly] The only beers we have here are the ones we brew right here on the premises!"
                MC: "In that case, I'll have a Miller Lite."
                ME: "Umm....." "Sir? We don't have Miller Lite either. The ONLY beers we have are the ones we make ourselves. The beer menu is right there."
                MC: "Well, what is the closest to Coors Light, then?"
                ME: "That would be our Blonde, sir."
                MC: "Well, why didn't you say so? I'll have one of them!"
                ME:

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Someone asked if we carried house paint once.
                  Walgreens. Not Lowe's. yep.

Comment

Working...
                  X