Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Legless Wonder (as in doesn't have one to stand on)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Legless Wonder (as in doesn't have one to stand on)

So I'm about halfway through my first week at my new store. It's pretty cool how every store does *everything* differently, but I digress.

So a couple of customers come up to my counter to pick up their pictures. Ok, no problem, right? They give me the claim check, and I go to get their pictures. Then I ring them up. Seems like the next logical step....

Then both customers get really pissy and insist that they already paid for the order. Ok. I ask if they have the receipt.

They produce the receipt and point to an item which represents the purchase of a twin pack of cameras and insist that this is the item in question.

I then proceed to explain that:
    - This was the receipt for the purchase of the disposable cameras they dropped off, but that was for the cameras only, not the processing.
    - This was, in fact, not the receipt for the photofinishing because the word 'Photofinishing' didn't appear anywhere on the receipt.
    - There were TWO photofinishing orders to pick up, but there was only ONE item on the receipt.
    - Had they purchased the photofinishing orders, the orders would have been listed as "Sold" in our database, when they were actually listed as "Not Sold".

After my wave of logic was dispersed across the levees of their deaf irrationality, they practically dragged me over to the camera wall and pointed vehemently at the cameras they purchased the other day. I asked them to show me where it said that the processing was included in the price. I think by this point, they no longer had the ability to think clearly because they instead just kept insisting that they bought the cameras here. More or less, verbatim.

Fortunately, a manager showed up and decided to take them off my hands so I could get some REAL work done.

I don't know what she said (does it ever matter when you're not the manager?), but the customers came back over to the counter, and suddenly they're the nicest people in the world. How much is it? Oh that's not so bad. Here you go. Thanks so much for your help! Have a great day!

Huh. Ah well. Who's next?
    Last edited by pbmods; 09-03-2006, 01:41 AM. Reason: One more thing....
    "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
    -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Maybe she said: "If you don't behave, Vinnie and Rocco over there will introduce youse to da wood chipper."

Comment

Quoth pbmods View Post
      I asked them to show me where it said that the processing was included in the price.
      Good for you!!!!!!!

Honestly, I was wondering when we'd get a story like this. Man. Some people.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth pbmods View Post
        After my wave of logic was dispersed across the levees of their deaf irrationality...
        Mods, this may just be the best phrase I have seen on this board today, or perhaps even this week. Wow. I am in awe.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
        X