This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kiwi View Post
    by the way, the reason he may be confused (and arrogant and rude..) is because fedex DOES use UPS sometimes....for rural packages, quoted from fedex.com

"FedEx SmartPost picks up (or accepts drop shipments), provides line haul, and delivers the packages to a USPS facility for final delivery by a postal carrier."

but you HAVE to send through a fedex location

try explaining that one to a customer whos paying our prices and sees a UPS van pull up!!
    USPS is the United States Postal Service.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Haha I also feel your pain. I used to work for Kinkos..and yea.. I heard " You don't ship UPS?! WTF!! "

Oh and shipping to antartica cost how much?! OMFG..

Oh those were the days.. ^^

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
        USPS is the United States Postal Service.

shows you how much attention im paying in training doesnt it
        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post

shows you how much attention im paying in training doesnt it
          Honestly, how much does anyone remember from training, except for really stupid videos?
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I'm going to play 's advocate for a moment (I don't do that often, so make a note of the date - ):

Once upon a time, The UPS Store was known as Mail Boxes, Etc (which, incidentally, had UPS as one of its biggest investors). Anywho, Mail Boxes, Etc was an authorized shipping center for both FedEx and UPS for years until UPS exercised its option to buy out the other investors (I'm not clear on the details, but I think UPS either bought Mail Boxes, Etc outright, or at least got majority share) and converted all the Mail Boxes, Etc locations to UPS Stores. At that time, FedEx could no longer be shipped from those locations because we all know that no company will help its direct competitor profit from customers at its own location.

So, maybe this person knew this location as a Mail Boxes, Etc once upon a time? Still no reason to overlook all the signs, though...
            ...don't you know the first law of physics? "Anything that's fun costs at least $8.00."
            - Cartman

Comment

If UPS and Fed-ex combined, would the new company be called Fed UP?
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Reminds me of when the current police force in Northern Ireland was begun. Any right-minded acronymist was rooting for Northern Ireland Police Service, and we were all disappointed.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                  Reminds me of when the current police force in Northern Ireland was begun. Any right-minded acronymist was rooting for Northern Ireland Police Service, and we were all disappointed.

Rapscallion
                  Question from a clueless American, Raps: Why NIPS?
                  Never mind, it just came to me in the memory of the California Highway Patrol.
                  Last edited by moekosowl; 09-07-2006, 09:32 PM. Reason: Think before I post!
                  http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/29478

Comment

Quoth moekosowl View Post
                    Question from a clueless American, Raps: Why NIPS?
                    Never mind, it just came to me in the memory of the California Highway Patrol.
                    Or look at it this way -- would you feel comfortable riding something called the Toronto Industrial Transit Service?
                    Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Point taken. *blushes sheepishly*
                      http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/29478

Comment

Working...
                      X