This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you not hear me?

Ok, i work customer service, but in a call center setting... thank gawd i don't have to deal with the public...

Alright, well in my job once you "pay your dues" from answering calls, you get options to move about the department. I moved the data entry side. Which means i rarely deal with people, i just enter in orders and stuff and thats it. Well sometimes if the phones get backed up, we have to pitch in and help. now mind you after being off the phones for a while, you forget how to talk to people. So one day the phones were off the hook and i was asked to take a call. I answer, and the guy on the other line wants to place an order that he received a quote on. I ask for the quote number so i can pull it up. Now the fun begins. (Where i work, you learn not to trust the addresses that were entered in on the quote. when a sales person makes a quote, they have to have the blanks filled in, so they will put anything... if its a big business, there are hundreds of addresses) I confirm the item on the quote with the customer. Then i asked for the billing address: "Well you should already have that information" to avoid having to explain that sales rep don't do their jobs, i just said "i'm sorry sir that information has not been filled out" he continues "well when ever i call in i don't have to go through this" me again "i'm sorry sir it was left blank" So then he sighs, and gives me the address. Next question: "can i have your shipping address?" He says the same "you should have that information" DID YOU NOT HEAR ME THE FIRST TIME? Instead of bitching about this, this order could be done by now! Me getting annoied "again sir..."etc. I don't understand!

Oh yes, I don't miss my days (daze) on the phone. Sometimes I get to pitch in but most days, I avoid it like the plague! Your caller was just one reason why...
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Would it not be possible to just ask them if the address you do have is correct, when there is one? Unless you get too much of people just going "yeah yeah" without listening then bitching when things go to the wrong address.

Comment

Throw in a really thick accent (take your pick-Indian, Chinese,Hispanic)and the fun really begins. Oh, and lets not forget the VOIP crap a lot of call center slaves have to deal with.

VOIP (in call center)=Spawn of Satan......grrrr

Let's see, mentally ill customers, drunk and or high customers, customers who should have taken their meds but haven't, toss in a lil (or a lot) of ignorance, attitude, blend in the accents, and just for good measure add VOIP woes.

Ah yes, Call Center lovliness. No wonder we drink.

Comment

I have to ask people for their first & last name, and zip code when they call in where I work... and lots of times they give me their whole address instead of just the zip. Then when I have to verify their entire address, they get pissed off when they have to repeat it again, when I only asked for their zip code in the first place. One time a guy came unglued when I asked him to repeat his zip code, because there he had his TV up so loud I couldn't hear him the first time. I told him if he'd turn down his TV, then I could hear him better! Jeez.
          "Some people are just brainless." -Words of my beloved late grandma.

Comment

my favorites are the ones that are annoyed and in a hurry, and because of this they fire off their adress, CC#, phone #, etc as fast as they can and get upset when they have to repeat it , so they say it again, only faster, so you try to keep up, but you pull up the wrong account, so you tell them to slow down and say it again, and the ques are filling up, and management is thanking you in advance for working through breaks and lunches, and then you get that snooty customer that wants the impossible from YOU, and RIGHT NOW that tops it off with "you must really hate your job, huh?"
            "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

Quoth CherryB View Post
              Throw in a really thick accent (take your pick-Indian, Chinese,Hispanic)and the fun really begins. Oh, and lets not forget the VOIP crap a lot of call center slaves have to deal with.

VOIP (in call center)=Spawn of Satan......grrrr
              Why is that? Explain? Cuz we are going to get VOIP and I want to know what probs we may have.

Quoth CherryB View Post
              Ah yes, Call Center lovliness. No wonder we drink.
              Hhahha, and I just thought that was for retail!
              (I'm always hitting that aisle when I get off work, uniform and all, tee hee)
              WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

Working...
              X