Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recently, our pharmacy started doing deliveries to home-bound folks as a courtesy.

Corporate wants everyone to sign up for a store savings card (which can be linked to your checking account) and that way, the meds can be charged and paid for before I even leave the store, no money has to change hands, I only need a signature when I drop it off

Naturally, none of these elderly folks want to hear about this, they all watch Dateline, they KNOW what happens when you use a credit card for anything, they find your bloated corpse in an alley with it's throat slit!!

So, even though it's hopeless, I still have to pitch the card to everyone at least once, if only so they can decline it, and I can note that I'll be taking check or cash from these people in the future

Lamest argument so far?

-"Do you want to sign up for our store card? It will take the cost of the RX right out of your checking account"
    -"I can't afford to take money out of my checking account! I'll go broke!!!!"
    -"Okay, how would you like to pay?"
    _"I'll write you a check"

- They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
      Lamest argument so far?

-"Do you want to sign up for our store card? It will take the cost of the RX right out of your checking account"
      -"I can't afford to take money out of my checking account! I'll go broke!!!!"
      -"Okay, how would you like to pay?"
      _"I'll write you a check"

Well, that made no sense.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
        I hear you on that one.

Another one we got was the bacon customers. "Lean bacon please."
        It came in a 10 pound box, and was less than a dollar a pound. It wasn't all that lean. There was no way I was picking through a tray to find only the slices with just meat and no fat, because it would have taken way too long.
        Oh yes! How could I forget that one! Lean bacon! I laughed everytime someone would ask for that. Talk about an oxyMORON!
        Arg! All these deli memories are flooding back! Must run.Hide.
        WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

Me: Hello this is Tanasi how can I help you?
          SC: Yes is John round?
          Me: No, he's a basic human shape that is a little rounder than some, anything else I can help you with?
          SC: Uhhhh, can I speak to John.
          Me: Well considering you conversing with me I would assume you're capaible of speaking to John, anything else I can help you with?
          SC: Uhhhhh, is John there?
          Me: Yes.
          SC: May I speak to John?
          Me: Sure just a second
          John: Hello, this is John.
          SC: What's wrong with Tanasi?
          John: Nothing as far as I know, why?
          SC relays conversation to John...
          John: :laughs: Do you know the difference between can and may?
          SC: Oh.

I love being a smart-a$$. I've said before if I couldn't be one I'd die, a friend replied "You're going to live forever."
          Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Working...
          X