This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "My time is valuable!"

Don't know if this is a sighting or an SC, because he wasn't my customer, but I was at work today (on what was supposed to be my day off ), and I'm on the register, and I hear some guy over at customer service yell out something. Anyways, one the line goes down, I go over to CS to do some stock, and the guy is talking to a manager. So I go about my business, do two carts of stock, in the process I have to go to the back to check for stuff for customers three times, I'm on the register for a bit because there was a line, and when I come back with my second empty cart, the guy is still there. This was an hour later. I hear his complain about young workers and how they are unreliable and bad and they should hire only older people, and resist the urge to tell him that I am a young worker and this is supposed to be my first sunday off in months, and keep doing my business.

Now, at the end of the night, in the cash room, I ask "So, what was that guy yammering on about anyway?"

Here's what happened:

(supervisor), who was about to go on her break was finishing off a return and doing the necessary paperwork, when some guy (SC) in line complains that she should be serving customers instead of doing paperwork. (Employee1) tells her to just go on her break, and she'll deal with him (Employee1 was in charge of the break schedule for the day). So, SC continues to complain about how his time is valuable and some other thing with his return, and (Employee1) calls over (Manager) to deal with him. Proving how valuable his time really is, SC complains to (Manager) for over an hour, then calls him and continues to complain when he gets home!

I wish I was retired so I had all this spare time...
    free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Quoth IhateCrappyTire View Post
    I've said that so many times after a bad call or a bad day in general
    "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

Proving how valuable his time really is, SC complains to (Manager) for over an hour, then calls him and continues to complain when he gets home!

Maybe his time is valuable because it gives allows him to complain to his heart's content.

Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
        Maybe his time is valuable because it gives allows him to complain to his heart's content.

Sadly, I think you've stumbled across the truth.

There again, he could be using that as an excuse to bully. But then surely he couldn't be doing that, right?
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

SC: My time is valuable!

You: Of course it is. And we certainly appreciate your taking so much of it to let us know about this issue, which nobody else has even bothered to tell us about.
          The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

To an SC, they all think their time is valuable. No matter what.
            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

My time is valuable and my biological clock is going like *stamping feet on the ground* and every breath takes me closer to death BUT I have time to sit for 45 minutes of my life to argue with you and point out that my time is money and I can't afford to waste my time arguing with you....

Got such a bickering wankwipe at my place today. Went in a tizz because I did not like his terms of payment (120 days) after he had badgered me for discounts for the last 2 days and I had pointed out that discounts would apply for invoices settled within 30 days in my original offer.

45 minutes of my life lost, never to be regained. I could have spent my time better shoving pointed sticks in my ears....

Comment

I don't think this customer's time was valuable. If it was, he would've complained in a shorter amount of time.
                My Fanfic Page
                My Fiction Page
                My Social Group
                My Pet Social Group
                My You Tube Channel

Comment

I had a lady who wanted a massive amount of ground beef wrapped in one and two pound packs. When it wasn't ready immediately, she asked if she could have someone else get the rest of her stuff. I told her she could not, as per store policy. When the new guy asked if anyone else was waiting to be helped, she said she was, so I told new guy I was already helping her. She got angry, and proclaimed that she was in a hurry. She didn't seem in a particualr hurry when she ordered her beef split up into so many packs.

I couldn't complain, though, because shortly after my boss had a lady who wanted a clerk for each item she was ordering.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post

That reminds me of the 'convienence hurriedness' customers I have. I had this lady one time at the jewelry counter who needed to see something from under the case, but I didn't have the keys to the case. I told her I had to call the person who has it. She suddenly gets very furious and exclaims "Well I need to see this watch RIGHT NOW, I am a school teacher and am in a hurry on my way to work." I calmly explained that if I had the keys I'd open it right now, but I don't have them, and all I can do is call the girl who has them. The SC then asked if it would be a matter of waiting a few seconds, or waiting an hour until somebody got 'off of their behind' to help her. I sternly looked at her in the eye, and said "Ma'am, she'll be here asap ... its impossible to put a time frame on that."

But here's the kicker ... about 45 minutes later I found the same lady shopping in Domestics, taking her time while tearing up our towel aisle. Although I just glared at her, I was so tempted to ask her if she was late for work, since she was in such a hurry 45 minutes ago.

"In cases of customer bathroom emergencies, the toilet itself becomes less of a goal and more of a loose suggestion." - Shamus

Comment

(on what was supposed to be my day off )
                      Need I mention the reference...uh, sure...

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!"
                      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
                      X