This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Pet Peeves(longish)

I work in a small cafe in a tourist town in Natchez, Ms. Anyway, you can imagine that I get my fair share of sc's.

Here are some things that tick me off:

1. We do not take credit cards! There is a sign in plain site by the register that says so. Tourists should carry around extra cash anyway!

2. When you ask me what time we close and I say 2, that does not mean come back at 1:58 wanting to eat. We have lives too and would like to go home!

3. When I flip the sign to read 'Closed', don't come up to the door and stare at it for five minutes. That will not it magically flip back to 'Open'!

4. We specialize in homemade food, so naturally, it's going to take longer to fix your order. Don't come in and expect to be served in five minutes or less, especially if we're busy. We are not McDonald's!!

and finally...

5. In case you haven't figured it out, I am not working for the fun of it! I have two little kids to support and rent to pay! Don't come in, run me back and forth for every little trifling thing and not leave a tip! You're getting great food and service. Show some appreciation!

Okay, ranting finished!

Quoth starla671 View Post
    Tourists should carry around extra cash anyway!
    I thought that tourists were encouraged to carry credit cards and traveler's checks, not so much cash, do to losing it or even pickpockets.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
      I thought that tourists were encouraged to carry credit cards and traveler's checks, not so much cash, do to losing it or even pickpockets.
      From what I know, Travel checks work like cash... soooo yah, they should use that instead of plastic

Comment

the only time i carried a good deal of cash was when i went to the bahamas where there are no banks and no one accepts credit or debit, only cash

Comment

Trav Checks

We take those too, and checks. It's the choice of the owner. Apparently, CC companies were charging too much or something.

Comment

Yes, if you are traveling you shouldn't carry TOO much cash, but as there ARE places that don't take credit cards, it is often a good idea to have SOME cash on you. Or at the very least your ATM card handy for a tight situation like this.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
            X