Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had this woman once claim she gave me a twenty when she'd given me a ten. At the time, I'd just done a pickup so I had no twenties in the till at all. I opened it up and showed her and she grudgingly accepted it and went off. I always hold the note in my hand til I put it in the till so that everyone can see what's there; if I accidently press the wrong button, I say, "I know what you gave me. *waves note* Don't worry, I'll give you the right change."
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Nyx View Post
      I just recalled a girl (who thankfully no longer works with us) who while nice wasn't the brightest bulb in the box. Apparently a customer had given her a bill for a small purchase (a 20 or some such) and then claimed that he had given her a $100 bill, and rather than check with management she gave him 90 + dollars. Of course when the drawer was pulled at the end of the night they learned of it...
      Now that definitely is Dumb Dora right there!

Comment

Update!

Update!

SC sent a letter of complaint, insisting that the three of us stole her money.

Manager I went through the CCTV footage today. He has a grainy picture of her handing over a brown coloured note and one of me putting the note in the £10 slot of the till. He will be writing her a letter.

Manager I asked me, "How does it feel to be a hardened criminal?"
        My response, "Pretty cool."
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Shall I make the gross assumption that 10-pound bills are brown?
          "When life gives you lemons, you give life a f---ing paper cut and then squeeze f---ing lemon juice on it, because life should give you something better than f---ing lemons."

Comment

Back in the day there was a clip on some cash registers where you could actually clip the bill you got from the customer and make change. We would wait until they walked away to place the bill in the drawer. Of course that didn't stop the morons who would come back up 10 minutes later claiming they had given a $20 and we had given change for a $10 back.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
              Not really. You'd be shocked by how many coin rolls are off, one way or the other. Not a big percentage, but larger than you'd expect, even bank-rolled rolls. I had to run the machine we used in the moneyroom a few times, and between the bags of loose coin being off, and the roller itself miscounting, we would always had some loose at the end of a run. No one is going to waste the time to find a few cents out of a couple thousand you spent the morning rolling.
              Or if the counter missed a couple of coins even. Rarely do we get a perfect balance at my store, mainly because its up and down from minor (5c through to a couple of dollars) adjustments between our two tills, and because we often run out of change and swap between the two without adjusting properly.

I've never been caught out with these people. They give up after saying are you sure a couple of times. I haven't seen any other SCs harass my colleagues about this either, so I guess we are just lucky with the customers we have.
              - Boochan

Comment

Quoth Finduilas View Post
                Shall I make the gross assumption that 10-pound bills are brown?
                They are indeed.

Quoth texasbelle5 View Post
                Back in the day there was a clip on some cash registers where you could actually clip the bill you got from the customer and make change. We would wait until they walked away to place the bill in the drawer.
                I tend to hold off on putting the change in the slot when I'm on box office. But not on the kiosk, as the tills are different and speed is neccesary.
                "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

i always double count any money that i get or give, some times i count 3 times just in case.

i admit that i have a weak point and that is with numbers, so im always checking my self with money.

i always wait to hit the print button till i have the change counted, and then i count it again when i give it back to the customer.

i also check all bills under our fraud detector light, one at a time, then i count them again before i put them in the till.

yah im werid when it comes to this but really numbers scare me, and since i was young, i always had a problem counting money. i had a till that i could count a few times and it would come up different every time, and forget trying to figure out change in my head i couldnt figure that out at all. or that whole counting back thing where you count backwards from the amount or however its done.

i always have a calculator near my till just in case, i use it for mostly checking milage for warranties
                  "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Working...
                  X