Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Am Totally Responsible For All Deaths In The ICU.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Demonoid Phenomenon View Post
    And I wonder what four hours spent in the hospital would cost the average patient...
    Yes, but those "ridiculous" ICU charges are different because they pay the nurse's salary, and she is vital to the ICU patients because her services save lives. This fax repair person would just be repairing an ICU fax that is vital to saving patient lives. Don't you see that the repair person's charges and services are NOT AT ALL the same thing?

Wait a minute... I got caught up in SC logic there. I need to go lie down.
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
      i was under the impression that nurses were fairly intelligent; i'm sad to see just how wrong i was...
      They're just like any other segment of the population. Get enough of them together, and a fair percentage of them will be super-sucky.

My grandmother was a nurse. She was great. You should have heard some of the things she had to say about a couple of her fellows, however.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I would have told that nurse that her hospital execs decided they did not want to spring for the extra charge to pay for AH service.

And that if she really thinks absent a AH service contract that her ICU is at risk for losing lives she ought to take it up with those execs. Because it's that important.

And that if she is truly concerned about losing lives, someone on staff ought to drive to the nearest Wal-mart and spend whatever it costs to buy a cheapo fax good enough to last until the service tech comes to repair their regular machine.

Comment

Working...
        X