Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing the race card for products that don't exist.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing the race card for products that don't exist.

SC: "I want a $15 recharge for Optus" (mobile phone company)
    Me: (brings Dial Time machine out of screensaver mode, navigates to Optus menu) "I'm sorry, Optus doesn't have a $15 option. There's $10, $30, $40, $50, $70 or $100"
    SC: "Do you tell all Indians that it doesn't exist? I know it does!"
    Me: (thinks: WTF?) "This machine doesn't do $15 Optus. There might be some that do but not this one."
    SC: "Don't lie, you just don't like Indians"
    Me: (manages to stretch the cord on the machine so he can see the screen) "Here's the Optus menu, look, there's no $15 option"
    SC: (mumbles some crap about "whiteys" and wanders off)

There may well be a $15 option for Optus prepaid phones, but it's not on our system. Maybe after the big upgrade which is supposed to happen in 3 weeks we might get it.

"Do you tell all Indians that it doesn't exist?"

"Yes sir"

"What!!???"

"I also tell Angolans, Kuwaitis, Australians, Wombats, Turtledoves, Bug-eyed monsters from the planet Zorg. Everybody, in fact. You see, sir - IT DOESN'T EXIST!"

Comment

Sounds like that SC was just some racist piece of trash. I can't stand them ... doesn't matter the race.

"You must hate me because I'm an Indian."

"No, I hate you because you're a piece of shit."
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I would've had to bite my tongue to keep from saying "Thank you, come again!" as that guy left.
        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

And here I was thinking it was the other kind of Indian.....
          ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth Bagga View Post

"Yes sir"

"What!!???"

"I also tell Angolans, Kuwaitis, Australians, Wombats, Turtledoves, Bug-eyed monsters from the planet Zorg. Everybody, in fact. You see, sir - IT DOESN'T EXIST!"
            That is just made of win!
            Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
            --Unknown

Comment

You may think that no-one has ever served the Bug-eyed monsters from the planet Zorg. This is because they have clairvoyant powers and will visit your store not just at the time that it is the busiest it has ever been, but at the busiest time it will ever be - even including the future. There will be a coach-load, and they will be carrying handbags, in which they keep their hands, and they will all claim senior citizen discount, as they are all over 3,000 years old. They will purchase 25 year old single-malt whisky, because they prefer it when it is made this morning - but they will use it as eye make-up. None of them will have valid ID.

Comment

Quoth Bagga View Post
                You may think that no-one has ever served the Bug-eyed monsters from the planet Zorg. This is because they have clairvoyant powers and will visit your store not just at the time that it is the busiest it has ever been, but at the busiest time it will ever be - even including the future. There will be a coach-load, and they will be carrying handbags, in which they keep their hands, and they will all claim senior citizen discount, as they are all over 3,000 years old. They will purchase 25 year old single-malt whisky, because they prefer it when it is made this morning - but they will use it as eye make-up. None of them will have valid ID.
                I hope I'm not working when they come in, how do you explain, in Zorgian, that it's not racist to refuse to sell them a product we don't carry because we don't have a liquor license?

(Historically Wednesday morning is the busiest time of the week, and I've just gotten out of all Wednesday morning shifts on account of I have a class then)

Comment

Quoth Bagga View Post

"Yes sir"

"What!!???"

Actually, we reserve it for one-eyed one-horned flying purple people eaters.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                    Sounds like that SC was just some racist piece of trash. I can't stand them ... doesn't matter the race.

"You must hate me because I'm an Indian."

"No, I hate you because you're a piece of shit."
                    Yup, that's the flip side of the Race Card.

On the one side is the constant wonder: "Is this guy treating me badly because he's racist, or is he an asshole to everybody."
                    And on the other side is the part that makes you feel good about yourself: "The fact that people are jerks to me doesn't mean I'm an asshole, it means that they're racist."

I Loved this line I saw elsewhere on this board: if you recieve the same lousy service everywhere you go, it's you that's doing it wrong.

Comment

Quoth SpyOne View Post
                      I Loved this line I saw elsewhere on this board: if you recieve the same lousy service everywhere you go, it's you that's doing it wrong.
                      And a related idea: if you can't find a job anywhere, it's not because everyone is racist. Tone up on your interviewing skills. And while you're at it, tone up on your work ethic, because leaving three jobs after about six months on each one because of "conflict with management" is not a good sign.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        Actually, we reserve it for one-eyed one-horned flying purple people eaters.
                        It sure looks strange to me.
                        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                        X