Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair, I once actually did get a counterfeit bill out of the ATM...the security cam even proved it (in that it showed me directly taking the bill out of the ATM and going to the teller with it...it was that obvious)
    DJ Particle

Comment

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
      For those that are curious as a better way to detect counterfiets, certain office supply stores sell pens that you can use to detect fake currency. You mark the bill and the ink turns yellow or clear if it's legit. If it's fake, it turns dark brown or black.
      Those are iodine pens, and they only react to the starch or lack of in the material used to make the bills. Cheap paper uses starch, so if a counterfeiter is stupid enough to run money off on a color copier, it will show up as a counterfeit. But a smart counterfeiter who uses cloth or starch-free paper, or someone who makes a raised note, can fool the pen. It's really better to check for the watermark, color fibers, color-changing ink (on the newer notes), etc.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Dont worry man, this happened to me about 2 weeks ago, a guy came into my store, bought 6 donuts and a large triple triple ($5.85 or so) then pays with a 50, he gives me money and tells me to give him the 50 back, then started talking really fast, everything that you said he did, i got mass confused, then he left, about 2 min later i realized and i left a note for the head manager. He ended up getting away with around $30, but i felt so stupid, but i guess the guy has been getting ALOT of places in my area, so yeah i felt less stupid once i found out about that.

-Mizz

Comment

Quoth blaubent View Post
          Anyway, I ring him up. He hands me his money. Finish the transaction. He looks at his money. Says something about not realizing he gave me a fifty. He needs it to pay someone. I refuse to open my register per corporate rules. He buys a lighter. Gives me fifty dollars, plus the cost of a lighter. He then tells me instead of a fifty dollar bill, he wants one hundred dollars back. It goes down hill from there. He starts talking loudly, really fast. Keeps shoving his money at me. During this time, I have no clue what is going on. Mean while, the lady behind him starts yelling at me. "He gave you the right amount! Just give him his money!" He leaves. She wants cigs. We don't seem to have the type she smokes. She leaves.

This EXACT scam just happened to my girlfriend just 2 or 3 days ago. Fucking assholes.

Comment

Working...
          X