X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are not a Starbuck's!

Here you go. Another from this morning.
    Three teenage girls came through my line during the morning rush. The first girl to order, the only thing she wants? A "Frappucino."
    M: *blink, blink, turn around to look at menu board*
    G: "You know, a Frappucino?"
    M: "We don't have those, we have co-ffee."
    Mother: "We'll go to Starbuck's later."
    "I call murder on that!"

Unbelievable. Apparently not the brightest crayon in the box.
    At the end of the day, customers are NOT always right.

Comment

Wow, not only dumb. But already drinking coffee. I thought coffee was for the folks who need that jolt to get to work.
      I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Quoth LostMyMind View Post
        Wow, not only dumb. But already drinking coffee. I thought coffee was for the folks who need that jolt to get to work.
        Eh, young people can believe in Better Living Through Chemistry* as much as old fogies.

* And this is organic chemistry, even.

Comment

I beg to differ. When I was in 8th grade, the teachers in my first 2 or 3 classes recommended that I start drinking coffee so I could be awake in class. They were serious. It worked...and now I have the unfortunate side effect of being completely addicted and totally unable to function without it.

This girl, on the other hand, probably wasn't at all in need of it, just a clueless Starbucks-lovin' yuppie. Quite a different breed. And still doesn't beat the girl I knew in fourth grade who already knew the Starbucks menu and went there daily...
          Discourtesy Clerk, purveyor of fine hay bales, pine scented douche and stuff that's not in bins since July 2006.

Comment

4th grade and had the cash to buy Starbucks daily. Damn, I wish I had that kind of money when I was 4th grade. I wouldn't be spending it on coffee that for sure.
            I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Tea addict here, I tried coffee but I can't stand the taste for some reason. I still think its funny that she thought that she could get a frappicuino at a McDonalds of all places.
              The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

*also loves the tea* coffee's good, but give me tea; it makes me wonder exactly what these types DO pay attention to...besides their 'need.'
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Shows what I know. I always thought a Frappucino was a style of coffee in line with roasted, espresso, etc.

Never drank the stuff at all. Don't even like the smell. Dr Pepper is my coffee.
                  "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

4th grade and had the cash to buy Starbucks daily. Damn, I wish I had that kind of money when I was 4th grade. I wouldn't be spending it on coffee that for sure.
                    I wish I had that kind of money NOW!

Comment

Nowadays, school-age children have so much homework and so many extra-curricular activities that they are lucky if they get to sleep by midnight. Add on early start times for school, they are tired when they wake up. Therefore, they need coffee to get them going.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Discourtesy Clerk View Post
                        This girl, on the other hand, probably wasn't at all in need of it, just a clueless Starbucks-lovin' yuppie. Quite a different breed. And still doesn't beat the girl I knew in fourth grade who already knew the Starbucks menu and went there daily...
                        Actually, I found out later that there are McDonald's that do, indeed, serve frappucinos, but none of these are in my state, much less my city.
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
                          Never drank the stuff at all. Don't even like the smell. Dr Pepper is my coffee.
                          For this non-caffeine drinking fellow, orange juice= Yellow Coffee!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Coffee Coffee Coffee Coffee Coffee

Can't start my day without a good cuppa.
                            In fact, right now I am drinking a nice mild blend; ground the beans so it's nice and fresh, put it into my French press; absolutely delicious!

I dig the tea, too. Sometimes after a long, trying day at work I like to come home and brew fresh tea. Soothes the nerves. Feels so civilized!
                            Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

on a hot day like this, i really appreciate an iced coffee with two add shots, a bit of sweetener and some half and half. oooh yah.
                              look! it's ghengis khan!
                              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                              X