This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
    Lavender pork sounds like it would be a tasty dish.
    I have lavender scented rice. Or maybe it's jasmine. Something like that. Probably go really well with that.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
      I have lavender scented rice. Or maybe it's jasmine. Something like that. Probably go really well with that.
      Well, there's such a thing as Jasmine Rice, but I believe that's a type of race, not a scent. It must be Lavender Rice that you're thinking of. How does it taste, by the way? I've always been curious but not brave enough to try it. *blush*

I like the people that come in and say "I Need a Room."

Me: Sure, what kind of room would you like? (King, Queen, One bed, Two Bed, this is common in... oh I dunno.... ALL HOTELS)
      SC: uh..... a room.
      Me: Okay... Single or Double?
      SC: ... I just want a room!
      Me: But what kind??
      SC: A ROOM!
      Me:
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        Well, there's such a thing as Jasmine Rice, but I believe that's a type of race, not a scent. It must be Lavender Rice that you're thinking of. How does it taste, by the way? I've always been curious but not brave enough to try it. *blush*
        Actually, it's pretty good, as long as I don't mess up on cooking it. I used to be just a Minute Rice cooker, but was feeling pretty sick of it, so I grabbed this stuff from the organic section of my market, since it was on sale. Smells nice, tastes mostly like regular rice. Sticky as all get out though. Pain to clean the pots after

As for the hotel bit, we've got two types of guest rooms during the school year. Single Queens, and Double Queens, meaning they have 1 or 2 Queen sized beds. Seems fairly simple, no? You would not believe the number of people that have issues trying to decide between them, and trying to figure out what the difference is!
        Last edited by Broomjockey; 04-07-2008, 01:46 AM. Reason: additional thought

Comment

Broomjockey, the best way to clean a stickied rice pot is to soak it in hot water for about 20 minutes with a touch of soap. Personally, I'd rather it sit overnight that way there's no rice spots left when I'm done cleaning.

I'll look into the lavender rice next time I'm at Viet Hoa (asian market but I guess you would know that by the name! ) on a rice run.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

See, that's when you book them for the most expensive room you have available.

If they can't be bothered to say what kind, make 'em pay for their idiocy.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Broomjockey, the best way to clean a stickied rice pot is to soak it in hot water for about 20 minutes with a touch of soap. Personally, I'd rather it sit overnight that way there's no rice spots left when I'm done cleaning.
              Similar to what I usually do, except my pots used to suck, so that only helped up to a point >_< New pots now, so it's less sucky.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                Sticky as all get out though.
                I love sticky rice. Mushy rice, not so much.

Oh! I remember a guy who came into my Dollar Tree and asked if we had a Fishing Reel on sale!!

Uh, actually, no. I've seen that reel. It's a 90$ reel. And I think you're paying too much for it, too. I'm a DOLLAR TREE. And, No, I Do NOT Have Fishing Poles.

Sheesh.
                Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                  I suppose it's too much to expect that they might think to bring the ad with them..?
                  Oh, but they do!
                  It's last week's ad though...
                  ... with "OTHERLOCATION ONLY" in big frigging letters on the front.

Comment

Me: Sure, what kind of room would you like? (King, Queen, One bed, Two Bed, this is common in... oh I dunno.... ALL HOTELS)
                    SC: uh..... a room.
                    Me: Okay... Single or Double?
                    SC: ... I just want a room!
                    Me:
                    instead of the most expensive room, i'd make space in a storage area, or a janitor's closet, because those are also 'rooms' and that's what they asked for.

be careful what you wish for...lol
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                    X