Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have nightmares about the problems we had with my daughter's university financial aid office because her social security card had her full middle name on it and didn't match her fafsa application which only allowed a middle initial to be used. So basically, when my daughter was born and we filed for her social security number, I should have anticipated that her future financial aid office would not accept her verification if her card used the full middle name, and just asked that her initial be used. All the other information submitted about my daughter matched. The middle initial used in the fafsa app was the same letter used at the beginning of her middle name. And still they couldn't possibly match her. Finally I got ahold of someone at the university who didn't have her head way up her ass and she fixed it. Sheesh. There seriously is no bureaucracy as bad as university bureaucracy. And I work for the government, so I know bureaucracy!

I understand the need for rules, but come on. A little common sense please.
    Last edited by walking with scissors; 04-07-2008, 02:12 PM. Reason: add
    "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I once had a slight problem because my blood donor card had Anne V Ruth Lastname on it, and my ID had Anne Victoria R Lastname on it.

they let me donate because I still had ID, but they reissued me a new BD card with one that maches my ID. I still use the old one and haven't had a problem.
      Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

I always have major issues with my names on my ids... had my mom's maiden name made my last name when I was 18 (my "real" last name was made a second middle name) and for some reason it was very confusing to everyone. It didn't help that the state of MA refused to issue me a new license with the new name, but my work would only use the new name on my paychecks... the bank I cashed my checks at would not accept my notarized court-stamped name change papers to cash my check... but they would accept my Disneyland annual passport, which had my picture and new name on it. (Bonus: it was a SoCal resident pass in Massachusetts!)
        WoW addict: Rogue, Paladin, Hunter, Priest!

Comment

Working...
        X