This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuck you very much

I work in the deli and yesterday was the worst day i've had, my co worker went home at 10am which left me alone for 2 hours until my other co worker came into work.
    Being a sunday and the fact the markets were on in the park we ended up getting completely slammed, the whole store was packed and when i called for help no one came, when i finally did get help i had chickens needing to come out of the oven and people lining up waiting for them, a shit load of meat that need to be sliced for customers and i'm the only one trained to use the slicer and a whole lot of people giving me death glares because i couldn't get to them fast enough.

Anyway onto the sc.

She probably wasn't that bad but because of the day i was having i wasn't in the mood.

SC wanted a kile of chick thigh fillets, i got them out and weighed them and they were a bit over a kilo, I said to her that it was a bit over and if that was ok, i didn't hear her answer me.

The noise from the oven's exaust fan echo's down the deli and can be hard to hear sometimes.

I looked at her and repeated, "Was that ok hon"

She turned back to me and yelled "I SAID YES GOD DAMMIT"

I was like ooookkk then and wrapped up the meat and handed it over to her and said "I'm sorry i didn't hear you, it's pretty loud down here"

SC "You should pay more attention to your customers!"

Me (very sweetly) "You have a fantastic day"
    SC " Whatever you little bitch"

She walked off, i gave her the finger and said fuck you very much too, she was gone by then so didn't hear me.

I was ready to hang myself by the end of the day and i have to work tonight.
    I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Even though you where having a tough that, that lady was WAAAAAAY outta line!

I used to work Bakery (right next to deli) so I know how loud the machines can get. I don't mind repeting myself at all.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I know we've had this discussion a few times lately on these forums, but really, why is it that the SC's seem to take "I'm sorry, I didn't hear that due to loud noises/background noise/static/your incredibly quiet voice/etc" as a freaking personal insult? Unless you asked me 4+ times, I wouldn't give a damn - it's not the end of the world, lady.
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

And the fact that some people are apparently too proud to ask people to repeat themselves. I still think it's a total lie that the whole reason Daddy DipShit couldn't learn anything was because he couldn't hear me, but even my hearing isn't what it was before I started working at the factory, and I could give a shit less if I need to repeat myself. If you want to call me names for not being able to hear, go right ahead.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Can't believe some people. Oh NO! I have to repeat myself.

The only problem SSG is that you didn't say it soon enough. The bitch needed to hear it.
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I'm terrible I probably would have just dropped the meat in the trash and walked away as soon as she said "You should pay more attention to your customers."

Comment

I feel your pain SSG, I'm a Deli Slave too (in a large name UK supermarket 'M') and we are expected to do multiple things while on the counter.

The fans on the Chicken ovens are very noisy I can count the number of times I've had to say pardon because the customer thinks I can hear them whisper their order for a roast chicken.
              As soon as I start thinking
              That I'm sensible and sane
              The Random Hedgehog comes along
              And fiddles with my Brain
              (from card I got)

Comment

I'd have thrown her into the grinder. Of course, skank meat is only running about a piece o' eight a pound these days.
                You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

I would much rather someone ask me to repeat myself than get the order wrong, hey I'm softly spoken, sometimes too softly so why get your knickers in a twist about it, it takes what, 5 seconds of your day.
                  A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth gunsage View Post
                    I'd have thrown her into the grinder. Of course, skank meat is only running about a piece o' eight a pound these days.
                    I can help you with that . There, all done.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

One of the rudest ones I've heard on for a while, at least for a deli.
                      I can't say I ever see anyone rude with people at the deli's in the Supermarkets I frequent, they always seem to be saints as well considering what they're doing a bit more then a Cashier would do.

Still don't understand how people aren't aware of sounds around them and how they could effect the hearing of people near the sounds.
                      - Boochan

Comment

Why you would ever be malicious toward someone who is determining what you will ingest is unbeknownst to me. I mean, granted, I could say the same thing about my job. Oh, your connection's a little slow and that's my fault? You have no idea how true that will BECOME if you keep it up!
                        You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth gunsage View Post
                          Why you would ever be malicious toward someone who is determining what you will ingest is unbeknownst to me.
                          This site is correctly rabid in its prevention of interference with foodstuffs, but not everyone adhers to the same code of conduct as us, so to be an absolute tosspot those who handle your food/meds/hair is just plain silly
                          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                            The only problem SSG is that you didn't say it soon enough. The bitch needed to hear it.
                            This. If she'd said that to me, that stupid c*** would've been able to count all her teeth on one finger.
                            The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

Working...
                            X