This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My suckiest customer ever and the dumbest

My first forage into retail was the summer between my sophomore and junior years of college. The company I worked for is no longer doing business, so i will name them, Builders Square. I was a cashier and it was a weekday evening. Sc gets in my check out line and attempts to purchase a new dewalt cordless drill and a variety of other small items. Sc then proceeds to write a check to cover the purchase. i run said check through the check verification and SUPRISE!!!!!!! the check is declined. when i asked for a different form of payment. The Sc then goes nuttier than squirrel poo, i for some sick and twisted reason caused his check to be declined and he made enough of a fuss that i had not only the FES get in line behind him. when I finally get a word in edgewise, I hand him one of those little stickies that the check verifcation company had that you get deal with them. He then throws said sticky back at me hitting me in the eye. and storming out with the parting words of. " YOU SHOULD GET A JOB YOU LIKE SO YOU TREAT CUSTOMERS BETTER"

The Kicker
    the next week he got in my line and asked if i had found a better job yet.

Story Number 2
    last sunday I was working in electronics/mmb
    I had a customer that seemed nice enough. bought i 32 GB ipod touch w/o out even flinching at the price he ran up some other items and pays with a card, payment declined, this repeats three times with a three different cards. after second card i get the old call assets protection gut feeling. after the third I tell the SC that i will suspend the transaction and take the merchandise up to Guest Service. as i walk the merchandise up a ways behind the customer i call AP and get no answer, because they where waiting outside the store with the cops to arrest the SC. Seems SC had stolen the car and cards and used them at Wally world then was FOLLOWED to our store where he tried to use the cards again. Lets see I'm being followed by the cops after using a stolen credit card and driving a stolen car lets stop at (store with a white Dog) and try to steal more. they said the stolen car was stuffed full of wal-mart electronics.
    They say crime doesn't pay. That must mean what I'm doing at work is illegal.

Quoth pssorens View Post
    My first forage into retail was the summer between my sophomore and junior years of college. The company I worked for is no longer doing business, so i will name them, Builders Square. I was a cashier and it was a weekday evening. Sc gets in my check out line and attempts to purchase a new dewalt cordless drill and a variety of other small items. Sc then proceeds to write a check to cover the purchase. i run said check through the check verification and SUPRISE!!!!!!! the check is declined. when i asked for a different form of payment. The Sc then goes nuttier than squirrel poo, i for some sick and twisted reason caused his check to be declined and he made enough of a fuss that i had not only the FES get in line behind him. when I finally get a word in edgewise, I hand him one of those little stickies that the check verifcation company had that you get deal with them. He then throws said sticky back at me hitting me in the eye. and storming out with the parting words of. " YOU SHOULD GET A JOB YOU LIKE SO YOU TREAT CUSTOMERS BETTER"

The Kicker

what an A-hole. I will never understand why people freak out when they have clearly bounced checks before. Your fault, not anyone else's. And a person can usually clear their bad-check writing file if they just call the company that verifies funds for checks. But what do I know. I used to work at a dollar store & sometimes people's checks were rejected...and they are never happy with the cashier, oh no.
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Quoth pssorens View Post
      The Sc then goes nuttier than squirrel poo
      I'm so stealing this!

Comment

I did steal it from somwhere, Just can't rememeber right now
        They say crime doesn't pay. That must mean what I'm doing at work is illegal.

Comment

Quoth pssorens View Post
          The Kicker
          Wow, what a whackjob! Hopefully that is the last you see of that asshat!
          "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
          ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth pssorens View Post
            Story Number 2
            Seems SC had stolen the car and cards and used them at Wally world then was FOLLOWED to our store where he tried to use the cards again. .
            Silly criminal, don't you know that you only use the cards once!
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth PupuTupuna View Post
              I'm so stealing this!
              I thought the same thing! That line was brillant!
              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

"Life is hard, but life is hardest when you're dumb
                Between your ears a dark and silent vac-u-um
                If there's a void behind your face,
                Why not rent out the vacant space
                Life is hard, but life is hardest when you're dumb"

Comment

Quoth pssorens View Post
                  Seems SC had stolen the car and cards and used them at Wally world then was FOLLOWED to our store where he tried to use the cards again. Lets see I'm being followed by the cops after using a stolen credit card and driving a stolen car lets stop at (store with a white Dog) and try to steal more. they said the stolen car was stuffed full of wal-mart electronics.
                  Thank $deity for stupid criminals. I love it when they make themselves easy to catch.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                  X