This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
    I'm disappointed in your people! Three people came up with Hogwarts/Harry Potter, but no one said Firefly/Serenity! And Firefly would be the more likely, being technology based and all
    No need to be disappointed. We all know that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic (Arthur C. Clarke). Thus the technology from Firefly/Serenity would look just like Hogwarts' magic.

(Disclaimer: I have not seen any of the Firefly/Serenity shows, so I do not know how much their technology actually resembles Hogwarts' magic.)
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      (Disclaimer: I have not seen any of the Firefly/Serenity shows, so I do not know how much their technology actually resembles Hogwarts' magic.)
      Smartalec

The tech depends on whether you're alliance or on the outer planets. I guess the Alliance tech could pass for magic.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I think I found his major problem...

He still uses IE. ^_^

-Firefox user, Seraphim

*dodges vegetables*
        Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth Seraphim View Post
          I think I found his major problem...

He still uses IE. ^_^

-Firefox user, Seraphim

*dodges vegetables*
          Firefox 3.b5
          Linux 8.01

I'm such a smartass.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I could be a smartass at you too EQ but I want EQ's friendship not her wrath!
            I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Working...
            X