Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For bragging rights, I want to say that I was able to get some exceptionally large loads packed into my '94 Mazda Miata (sniff... Miss you, suzie coupe ) Most notable were a Papasan chair and a Christmas tree... should have seen the looks I got driving on the lot.
    I HATE stupid people!

Comment

Im fine with taking parts out to make stuff fit for the most part......

but please stop bringing minivans to pick up a half ton 2 piece tool box! If it fits your riding on your rims. End of story. BTW thats why we make you sign our waiver form
      Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        When we bought furniture for our new apartment, we rented a U-Haul truck with a ramp and took it to all the stores we bought the furniture from. The employees were very happy with us.
        I can't tell you enough how much we appreciate this kind of foresight
        Last edited by fish3k1; 04-15-2008, 06:06 PM.
        ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          Exactly. Better to have too much room than not enough. You can always brace or pad it somehow.
          I always have a coil of rope and an old blanket in my truck. I've moved a lot of furniture for friends.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

When I moved in 2006, I borrowed quite a few vehicles--my mother's Vue, my brother's Vue, the neighbor's truck, a box truck from Haddad's...no little cars here!

But, all of the delicate things--my models, kitty, computers, etc. went into the car.
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
              But, all of the delicate things--my models, kitty, computers, etc. went into the car.
              I did the same when I moved just recently, however, I misjudged the size of my last load and my car was ABSOLUTELY full to the brim - trunk & inside. Then, I still had to add my puddies. They were not happy furballs. One sat calmly on my lap and the other wedged himself under my driver seat and cried the entire way to my new place.
              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
                So they buy their giant 200 lb. wardrobe. Fine. We wait for them to pay, take it outside, and BAM. Geo. Or some other ridiculously small car.
                It wasn't a 200 lb. wardrobe, but we did get a full size Sears dryer in our Geo Storm.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth fish3k1 View Post
                  It's true, you can fit some amazing things into small cars.
                  My husband is one of those people... He even used to drive a Geo and he managed to cram some awfully large items in that tiny hatchback ...

The other day, he fit a very large (brand new) basketball hoop (you know, the kind with the large, heavy bases that you fill with sand/water). It was a nicer hoop, better than the kind you get cheap at Wal-Mart. He got the thing to fit (by himself) in our little old VW Bug.
                  This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

I'm guily of bringing a car too small for a TV before. We thought we were being smart...we have a Buick Century, there's a lot of space in that car. We even measured it, then measured the TV we wanted.

We forgot it had a box.

That was an embarassing 20 minutes to spend waiting for the in-laws to bring their minivan so we could bring it home...
                    It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

I was amazed this evening, we managed to fit a weightlifter into the back seat of my car. He had trouble getting out though.

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                        Then, I still had to add my puddies. They were not happy furballs. One sat calmly on my lap and the other wedged himself under my driver seat and cried the entire way to my new place.
                        Bringing the kitty home was interesting to say the least. For about a month before he came from Grandma's, I'd put him in the carrier (aka his house)...and just drive around the back roads. I was trying to get him used to it, and also to get him to think that he was *not* going to the vet's office. He cried all the way home (1.5-hour trip)...and refused to come out of the carrier until the next day.

Oddly, Snow didn't cry at all when I brought her from the pet store. She meowed once in the store...but was quiet the rest of the 5-minute or so trip. She was just happy to be out of that damn cage!

One thing I *don't* want to move again is my model railroad. After cutting through rail joints, snipping wires, and taking the entire layout apart...and then moving it roughly 60 miles north, reassembly, and then trying to get the entire thing level...I really don't want to do it again!
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                        X